Why do I weigh less in the morning?

Options

Replies

• beccaboo02
    Options
    The reason for the change in weight has to do with your hormones. Your body is constantly changing internally due to age, stress, exercise, hydration level, amount of sleep, sodium intake. But you also have to remember that once you have your period the cycle starts all over again in your body begin prepping for your next cycle. Thus the change in weight throughout the day. As for the difference between morning and evening. When you are at a verticle stance your heart has to pump harder to get the blood and excess fluid back up from the body parts that are below heart level. (i.e. swollen feet from a long day of standing). Versus when horizontal gravity isnt fighting your heart anymore so blood and fluids can travel much much easier through the body alowing the bidy to be efficient and eliminate the excess fuild (water weight).
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    you lose weight thru breathing believe it or not... every exhale contains molecules much like how a car loses gas thru the exhaust pipe.. people think they lose body fat thru sweating its when they breathe.

lol so many answers here are retarded ^^ this is what actually happens.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Because poop.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You weigh less in the morning simply because you are dehydrated and do not have food in your system.

DUring the day you eat and drink throughout the day and therefore you will weigh more because there is more stuff in your system. When you sleep, you aren't eating or drinking and therefore you have less food within your system and you are getting dehydrated causing you to weigh less in the morning.

You don't magically evaporate fat throughout the night.
  • now_or_never13
    Options
    Hi all.

So here is another related question. Let's say you weight 60kgs at 7am when you wake up, you eat or drink nothing and at 8am you weigh more?

Thanks
    Nick

Your weight will naturally change throughout the day.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    What gets me is why can I gain as much as 4 lbs. after 30 minutes of exercise? Where does that weight come from? I know I haven't eaten 4 lbs. of food or drink. It always goes away by lunch. I assume it is extra blood going to my muscles due to the exercise, but it seems excessive.
  • monty619
    Options
    You weigh less in the morning simply because you are dehydrated and do not have food in your system.

DUring the day you eat and drink throughout the day and therefore you will weigh more because there is more stuff in your system. When you sleep, you aren't eating or drinking and therefore you have less food within your system and you are getting dehydrated causing you to weigh less in the morning.

so umm.. where does the weight go assuming you dont urinate or defecate?
  • now_or_never13
    Options
    you lose weight thru breathing believe it or not... every exhale contains molecules much like how a car loses gas thru the exhaust pipe.. people think they lose body fat thru sweating its when they breathe.

Was this actually posted??
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it have something to do with fat cells? Can't they expand and shrink and weigh differently. Your question is why do you weigh less in the morning if you haven't released anything in your body. It could be because of fat cell sizes, maybe?
  • arnfolly
    arnfolly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Water retention is a big thing with women. that is a big part of our weight during our monthly cycle. I will actually fluctuate by 5 lbs every month, losing and gaining it as my cycle changes.
  • now_or_never13
    Options

so umm.. where does the weight go assuming you dont urinate or defecate?

Not all food you eat remains in your digestive system. It is used by your body as energy. Your body also constantly gains and loses water weight throughout the day by breathing, sweating, etc.
  • monty619
    Options

it was.. u should try reading a book or something.
  • now_or_never13
    Options

I thought this thread was to help the OP, not be rude to fellow members.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Your body does a lot during sleep that it doesn't do while awake. Growth in children happens during sleep (not quite relevent to us now, but interesting). Healing of wounds happens durning sleep. The work of the immune system happens durning sleep.

I'm not sure, but I've always wondered if those things burn calories. I'm sure there is something happening.
  • monty619
    Options

Excuse me?

I assumed ur tone was facetious.. correct me if i was wrong.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    It's mostly water weight (and some food) - if you didn't eat or drink anything for about 8 hours before weighing yourself at night you'd get the same result, but we don't often stay awake for 8 hours without eating or drinking anything.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    LOL... I'm like "why I don't I see this person posting?" I must have blocked him for rude, ridiculous and mean responses on other posts.

and, No, I'm not talking about Monty.

Excuse me?

• monty619
    Options
    LOL... I'm like "why I don't I see this person posting?" I must have blocked him for rude, ridiculous and mean responses on other posts.

and, No, I'm not talking about Monty.

Excuse me?

ha i was bout to say i dont even know who you are 0.o
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Bottom line, who cares...weight fluctuates day to day and throughout a given day. It's completely natural...stop stressing about it...just understand that it's natural and it's not within your control. You have water retention/release...timing of food in/food out...etc.
  • lunnay
    lunnay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

So here is another related question. Let's say you weight 60kgs at 7am when you wake up, you eat or drink nothing and at 8am you weigh more?

Thanks
    Nick

Assuming you're wearing the same clothes and haven't eaten/drunk anything in that hour, my guess would be the scale. ;) Scales aren't 100% accurate (the cheaper digital ones especially), and they need to be in a completely flat area to work at their best. Even in a completely flat area there may be slight variations in their readings.