HELP! I just vomited! I don't know what to do!

Options
I have an eating disorder (EDNS) and today after a massive binge, I decided to take 7 diuretic pills.

I took 4 diuretic pills at 3:00 in the afternoon and then I took 3 more at 7:00.

I just vomited and I'm extremely shaky. This has never happened before. I never intended to vomit! I feel very weak now.

What should I do?

Replies

• geraldalvinsia
    Options
    what diuretics did you take there are alot of different kind which has different sideeffects ( thiazide, loop, osmotic and potassium sparing diuretics) ?? i could be a fluid deficit or a electrolyte imbalance since... youre shaky and weak it can be hypokalemia or metabolic alkalosis since you also vomited ... you should also assest your fluid intake and excretion... try to eat some bananas and potassium rich food take rehydration solution.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You need to go see a doctor.

What you are doing is not healthy and is going to damage your body. Go see a doctor and a therapist.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    where do you live? Do you have walk-in emergency clinics that aren't at a hospital. Where I live, we call them ReadyCares. I think you should get your vitals taken IMMEDIATELY by a nurse or someone. IMMEDIATELY. I'M URGING YOU TO DO THIS AND BE HONEST WITH THEM ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED. You may need some fluids, and they can give you an IV to get them into you fast and safe.
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was very concerned when I read your post. First - I don't have an eating disorder (per se - weight issue more because of lack of exercise over the years) so I don't know how you feel. But secondly and more important - do you see a doctor or counsellor for your disorder. I hope so because you will harm your body if you continue down this path.
    From a concerned MFP(er).
  • silvermist18903
    silvermist18903 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm okay now guys! Thank you for everything! Sorry for the late response. I have the flu now and I think it might have been brought on by the excessive amount of diuretics. I'm not gonna touch those again for awhile!
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    I'm okay now guys! Thank you for everything! Sorry for the late response. I have the flu now and I think it might have been brought on by the excessive amount of diuretics. I'm not gonna touch those again for awhile!

You shouldn't touch them again...go see a therapist.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I don't think the pills would have brought on the flu...germs would. Get yourself to the doctor to make sure you are OK.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest brushing your teeth, but since it is two days later, I am going to assume you have done so by now.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, why would you take diuretics after a binge? You can't pee out calories.

That having been said, I'm glad you're OK. As others have said, seek medical help, though. Eating disorders don't take you anywhere but down.

Feel better soon.
  • Wasabinuts
    Wasabinuts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    go to an emergency hospital, it is very dangerous to be taking diuretics. Also, contact a support group for your disorder.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Why don't you do yourself a huge favor and toss the pills out now? You shouldn't be downing them anyway. I know you have an eating disorder, but you have to push yourself to do the right thing for your body.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I don't think the pills would have brought on the flu...germs would. Get yourself to the doctor to make sure you are OK.

This... Please go see a Doctor
  • oorenfoo
    Options
    Next time, if there is a next time, when you feel shaky or weak or vomit or feel bad in anyway...Go see a doctor instead of logging on to a website.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Next time, if there is a next time, when you feel shaky or weak or vomit or feel bad in anyway...Go see a doctor instead of logging on to a website.
    I agree
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Call a doctor or go to the immediate care center or ER? Get some assistance.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You need a good shrink.