i need a kick up the bum

Options
Last 6 weeks only lost about 4-5lbs.....losing motivation, just found out i have PCOS and was told by doctor to work that bit harder, not feeling it, haven't exercised in 5 days :/

I'm not putting the effort in, so shouldnt expect any form of result, i'm just at a wall with it.....can't explain this to my skinny family lol so hopefully one of you can help poke me forwards :p

Sorry , seems very self indulgent having a moan but need one sometimes!

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    get on it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you know what to do..................JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    no more mopey glummy you....get your tush moving.....

there, how was that???
    denise
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Would you like me to be nice like Bob or motivating like Jillian?

Get over yourself, and GET ON THE @#$^ TREADMILL!!

Oh, wait, they'd both say that, huh? LOL

You can do it, come on! My weight loss has dropped dramatically from 10 lbs a month to 5. I've been really down about it, but I can't let it stop me. Sugar, we're goin' down swingin'!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about PCOS - Unfortunately for you, that just means you have to work THAT much harder! BUT - you'll feel that much more accomplishment when you reach your goals. I've been gettin down on myself about why I haven't made a change in my weight in the past YEAR - after losing 35 lbs in roughly 6 months time. I should be a lot closer to my goal than I am, but I made the choice to make excuses for myself. I get on to others about making excuses, so now's the time to step up to the plate and practice what I preach! Get to it girl....YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!! :flowerforyou: I wish you the best! :heart: :drinker:
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling- I have PCOS also and it does make things harder- I will lose 6-8 lbs, then plateau for weeks, then lose another two- it can really do a number on your motivation. Just keep at it- if you think about it, it is physically impossible for the weight not to come off if you are burning more calories than you are eating- that doesn't mean it comes off quickly, but eventually, it's got to go. You can do it!!! :)
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Get your butt up and get moving! Break that sweat! XD

Keep reminding yourself about what you are doing and why. Remember how bad you felt before you started exercising. Read the success stories on the site. A thing I do is get out a sheet of paper and start writing everything you want with the weigh loss. Or even use post-it notes and stick them different places.

One thing that motivates me is to go online and actually read the negative things people say about the overweight. That gets me angry and prompts me to get up off my bum. Of course, for some that could be a negative thing to do but I turn it into a positive.

Don't give up! Go go go!
  • snutley84
    snutley84 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi, i have pcos also. its awful! but after losing 10 pounds and working out 5 days a week my cycles arent near as bad as they use to be. And now i dont have to have a major surgery. i feel much better! Good luck to you!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I feel for OP, but I have PCOS, thyroid issues, AND diabetes. STOP WHINING! LOL
    If I can do it with those triple threats weighing me down, ANYONE CAN!
  • kt1304
    kt1304 Posts: 21
    Options
    Wow at your speedy replies and ty lol ur all right...i shall get back to the eat less move more tomorrow!

Doesn't help my Bro's girlfriend works for a chocolate company much haha
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    "Unless You Puke, Faint or Die, Keep Going!"
    — Jillian Michaels
  • kt1304
    kt1304 Posts: 21
    Options
    "Unless You Puke, Faint or Die, Keep Going!"
    — Jillian Michaels

I like that lol
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Don't let the number on the scale unmotivate you . . . ultimately it doesn't even matter what that thing says because you are doing this for your health. If you keep plugging away day-by-day it will only improve your quality of like . . . and who gives a damn about what the scale has to say!!!!

I live by this lately . . . I create myself with the choices I make each day.

Good luck to you.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have always been the big one in the family, and the only big one. Until 2 years ago, my sister kicked one horrible habit and picked up food, she went from her slim 110 pound frame, to a whopping 175 lbs. I watched her struggle and then one day she got off her but started eating healthy and slowly but surely she started losing weight, since September she has slimmed down to 130, and she has never looked better, she is fit and healthy and around Christmas I got sick of sick, I was once again the FAT girl of the family, so I asked for Running shoes from the hubby and a couple of great workout DVDs, all Jillian Michelas ( b/c I think she is great at motivating). I am currently a size 14, when I started in December I was squeezing into my 18, I started at 204 and I weigh in at 181 and I am still working out and eating right, I DID NOT go on a diet I have changed my life, but I had to say I WAS DONE being the fat girl, are you?

Still have lots of lbs to go, so friend me and when can talk whenever you feel stressed, PS did I mention I struggle from PCOS too, and we were TTC forever before I got pregnant the 1rst time, and I lost 40 pounds and it happened, 2 babies and 4 years of breast feeding I had to relearn all of it, but they are worth it!
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Let's go :mad: Do this! :mad: If you did it before, you can do it now! :angry: Why do you have all of us here, if it isn't for the support you need?? Let's GO, GO, GO!!!! Get to it, and I want to hear about your progress in no more than 10 days!!!! You hear me??? (Just as soon as I add you as my friend :laugh: )

Come on, love :flowerforyou: We're all in this together and you came to the right place :love: We love you here and know what you're going through, so join me in this and let's do this, ok :flowerforyou: