Anybody tried "Slim in 6"

Options
I'm not looking to lose tons of weight in 6 weeks because I want to do it right. But, I'm watching the infomercial for Slim in 6 right now, and it looks like a pretty good workout. What do you think? Is it worth the money for the workout vids?

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    It is definitely worth it. Beachbody workouts are well researched, well presented and effective.
    Risa
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello funskysunky871

Slim in 6 is a great product, its an easy-to-follow blend of fat-burning cardio and sculpting moves. If you would like to receive more information on this program and would be more than happy to help you. I'm an independent beachbody coach and could provide you with more information on any beachbody program if you are interested. You could also save 50% on shipping if you purchase thru a beachbody coach. My site is: http://www.beachbodycoach.com/rockstar4life

Feel free to let me know if I can help you! :wink:
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    I agree it is a good workout, I have almost all of beachbody's programs, and I love them all! I will give some input though ... the video is really old school. It looks and has the feel of having been taped 20 years ago! lol ... and I'm not a huge fan of Debbie Siebers. I find that all the other beachbody videos are a lot more fun, current and energetic. If the old school thing doesn't bother you, go for it, because it is a really good workout. If you need your workouts to be more fun, and feel like your actually having a good time working out, I would go with p90x, turbo jam, or hip hop abs. Again, all beachbody stuff is awesome!

It's funny, because I hadn't done the slim in 6 in a few years, and I put it in the other morning, and had to turn it off. It reminded me of my mom's old videos, and I just could not get through it! I'm doing Chalene Extreme right now, and just love it!
  • Bee28
    Bee28 Posts: 99
    Options
    I did Slim in 6 last summer and thought it was pretty good. I didn't lose a lot of weight in the 6 weeks but my whole body was toned and made my legs very strong. I thought it got a boring after a couple weeks, though, because it is the same workout everyday. I would do some research on beachbody and look at all their programs before making a decision. Overall, I would reccomend it and think the program is very effective.
  • want2weighless
    Options
    I did. There is a starter CD, and intermediate then an advanced. When I started, I could barely last through the 1st CD but after 6 weeks, I was rocking the advanced! You will tone EVERYWHERE (if you like to sweat and work out). The moves are simple, but I did get bored and would alternate between jogging and other workouts. I am now trying the Hip Hop Abs & my husband has started the P90X. Good luck!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    SLim in 6 should be a good workout....However it is the most boring DVD from the beach body franchise.....
  • Lucero
    Lucero Posts: 3
    Options
    This is my 2nd week doing Slim in 6, and honestly I can't stand it... The music is extremely boring, like someone else said it does look like it has been recorded like in the 80s, she doesn't talk much (she is like "ok 8 more...4... one more" "arms up, knee up and reach"), really not fun at all...
    BUT the work out is good and very easy follow, that's why I'm still doing it, it's supposed to be really good for toning your body (...we'll see)
    I also have Turbo Jam and that one is very good, lots of fun, very fast paced though, it took me a couple of days to get the hang of it, but in the end I got it! (and I'm veeeery uncoordinated)
    Beachbocy workouts are good, check them out...
    Good luck!
  • gillian_gail
    Options
    I enjoyed it. Only problem was, I never could stick with it. It gets a little boring after a while.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to lose tons of weight in 6 weeks because I want to do it right. But, I'm watching the infomercial for Slim in 6 right now, and it looks like a pretty good workout. What do you think? Is it worth the money for the workout vids?

It really is. Even now after working out for 2 yrs, I can hit it in a way to break a sweat!

Look on line to see if you can buy it 2nd hand........I paid full price for it twice!! at 3 am :laugh:

I was lucky enough to find someone to donate them to.

have fun!!:glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd week doing Slim in 6, and honestly I can't stand it... The music is extremely boring, like someone else said it does look like it has been recorded like in the 80s, she doesn't talk much (she is like "ok 8 more...4... one more" "arms up, knee up and reach"), really not fun at all...
    BUT the work out is good and very easy follow, that's why I'm still doing it, it's supposed to be really good for toning your body (...we'll see)
    I also have Turbo Jam and that one is very good, lots of fun, very fast paced though, it took me a couple of days to get the hang of it, but in the end I got it! (and I'm veeeery uncoordinated)
    Beachbocy workouts are good, check them out...
    Good luck!
    '

I put on my headset ad listne to my own music! I can follow what they are doing. I feel it hits each set of muscles and saves me time.
  • barbiedecker
    Options
    Omg, this program changed my life!!!! YES!!! it works!!!
  • barbiedecker
    Options
    Hi all, :)

I agree that Slim in 6 can be boring and I would die if I had to do it again and again. But I seriously know of no better program for weight loss. I recommend it all the time. I think the key is what we put in our mouths. Anyhoo, I have lost 10 inches off my waist with BB products and i went from having big hips to athletic hips, all thanks to BB!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd beach body program and love the company, but haven't tried slim in 6. However, someone at work lost 20+lbs with it and looks fantastic. I think you should research all the BB programs and chose the one that seems more your style as they are all effective

ETA: coachbarbie, you look better than a Barbie doll!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    It's not my favorite BB program but like the rest it is effective. It was the first one that brought me to the BB community and I have been hooked every since.....
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    I'm actually considering doing this as well as the Les Mills Pump...let me know what you decide to do :)
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hello funskysunky871

Slim in 6 is a great product, its an easy-to-follow blend of fat-burning cardio and sculpting moves. If you would like to receive more information on this program and would be more than happy to help you. I'm an independent beachbody coach and could provide you with more information on any beachbody program if you are interested. You could also save 50% on shipping if you purchase thru a beachbody coach. My site is: http://www.beachbodycoach.com/rockstar4life

Feel free to let me know if I can help you! :wink:

FYI... You can't advertise for yourself or anything where you would make a profit on here. Check out the forum guidelines.

"Ads are not allowed on the forums
    Please be aware that we do not allow ads on the MyFitnessPal forums. We consider any post from which you might financially benefit as an ad, so posts that include links to Beachbody coaching sites or other commission-generating websites, "message me for more info", "ask me for a free sample", etc. would be considered an ad. As you can imagine, we have a lot of members who would like to advertise their products or services to our members on our forums, so to prevent the forums from becoming full of ads, we've put the "no ad" rule in place."

Decent program though... not one that most people can stick with forever.