Other half gets upset

Options
Hey all, anyone have the other half that gets upset when you work out? Running, swimming, biking. In the basement lifting, Doesn't matter where. It's hard enough to keep motivation without being hammered on. In the same situation? How do you handle it?

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I don't. My other half works out with me, which is awesome. However, I think the real question is why are they upset? Can you adjust your workout times to better accommodate your needs as a couple? I never understand this one. Why would one person in a relationship not want the other one to be healthy unless you have wildly adjusted your schedules?
  • swissbrit
    Options
    What weight is your partner she might be feeling insecure......
  • krystaljarv
    Options
    Maybe try and do some things together like walking and play the wi, or Xbox kinect if you have one, it's fun at the same time and you can bond together, obviously it's not ideal for every workout, but that will help you connect and feel involved together to stop your partner feeling left out. You don't even have to mention it's a workout, just disguise it as fun game or romantic walk. :) hope things get better soon. If things don't than your best choice is to be honest and talk calmly and just explain how you feel about it. Your partner may be feeling less confident than you realise.
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My husband will sometimes get cranky (or roll his eyes), but I'd like to think a lot of that is because when I'm working out he's on kid duty, which is new to him. I've only recently decided that I was going to work out while the kids were still awake (because the zumba class is only offered once a day) and it puts a dent in his 'me' time. I will add that we switch nights so he can work out as well, so I usually just ignore his sassy pants attitude because on his nights at the gym....it's just me and the littles. What's fair is fair.