365 days...

Options
365 days...Changed my life...

I can’t believe it has been one year ago today that I started on my new journey in my life. I didn’t think I could do it. But I proved myself wrong.
When I started on this new journey I couldn’t walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath. I was eating about 2500 or more calories a day, I would eat anything I wanted and didn’t care what it was. I was drinking lots of Soda’s instead of water.
I do not eat or drink anything with artificial sweeteners in them any longer. And I don’t miss them at all.
I really didn’t feel like I was that over weight and out of shape. But when I started going to the gym. I started slow. I promised myself I would go every day for a week for 30 minutes, and then see how I did. I could not believe how I felt once I started moving around doing stuff your metabolism changes and you have so much more energy. I felt like a new person was coming alive in me.
For the first time in my life I signed up to do a 5k Marathon for Breast Cancer Walk. I was able to walk the 5K and felt terrific afterwards.
Don’t get me wrong there has been some hurtles I have had to overcome. Once when I had a really bad day I became a dumpster diver into my garbage can for a brownie that I threw away in plastic bag. Because I wanted it and I ate each and every bite of it. And I felt so much better. So see I am not perfect. But I did count those calories from that brownie. Because I know now to count anything that goes into my mouth, I realized you have to be honest with yourself first.
I broke my right toe, so I had to wear a boot for about 6months. I have also have had some shoulder problems.
Then I started having neck issues. I could not turn my neck at all without pain shooting up and down the neck. It got where I could not use any of the exercise equipment without pain. So I stopped going to the gym. I thought oh no I am going to gain all my weight back. But too my surprise because I was still counting my calories and being aware of what I ate I did not gain the weight back I continued on losing weight.
I am still not going to the gym full time yet, because I am still having neck and shoulder issues. But I am hoping I can get all that under control and start back exercising like I was.
This last year has brought me a lot of surprises. I learned I was a lot stronger than I thought. I can do anything if my mind is determined to do it. I learned I can make my own decisions of food choices and not worry about what other people think. I also learned this a new way of life..It is not a diet. It’s a lifestyle change. It’s a change for the better.
I would have not come this far if it hadn’t been for my wonderful supportive motivating friends I have on MyFitnessPal. Even though I have never met any of them, I feel like they are my family. They take me for what I am. When I have my bad days or good days they are there for me. They give me advice and motivation to keep going. They support me no matter what. One of these days I want to meet these wonderful friends I have never met, to thank them personally for all their support. God brought us all together a year ago it wasn’t just by accident. He knew these were the friends I needed in my life to help me succeed on my new journey.
Some of myfitnesspal friends lost family members, had health problems, some had surgeries. We were all there for each other during our difficult times in our everyday life. It’s not just supporting the weight loss it is also being a friend when someone needs you.
I hope I have been as supportive to my friends as you have been too me. Again to my personal fitness pal friends I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your friendship and caring support you give me each and every day. I love each and every one of you.
Well today I start another year. I have a lot more I want to accomplish. I want to do another 5k. I also want to learn how to run, and ride my bicycle my husband bought me. I know I will continue on this new journey of healthy lifestyle because this is my new way of life. Nothing is going to stop me now. I am determined to keep going. So now my journey continues…. I know my personal friends on myfitnesspal will be with me all the way…I hope each and every one of you who are reading this can find the support and friend ships I have found. Because that is what makes you keep going….

Before I forget I keep my friend list under 35 so I can comment and support each one every day. That is why I feel like we have all become family. Because we gotten to know each other...

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Great work
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good job and a real inspiration,,,thank you. Appreciate the feedback on the number of friends,,,,I like to keep it close too and if I have too many friends,,,,I can't support everyone.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congratulations!!
  • Add76
    Add76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That was an interesting read (even the brownie part), thankyou for sharing :)
    Best of luck with the 5K and other fitness activities.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Great job Mary, I am honored and blessed to be one of your 35 friends. You are an inspiration to us all! :D
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Great post. I especially loved the trash brownie part. :laugh:

Congratulations on one year of success on MFP!
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    You are an awesome friend and I am honored to be one of your friends. You're always there to encourage, comment, and check on me and I thank you for that. I felt like we were family especially when I got your Christmas card in the mail.

You are a true blessing, Mary, and I am so glad to call you a friend. :flowerforyou:

Love you! :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!