Belly pooch

Options
One of my goals for using this site is to get a flat tummy! I have a slim weight, but i have a pooch in my stomach that seems like it will never go away!! What is the deal? I have heard CARDIO is the best thing to do for this, not tons of crunches. Well i do tons of cardio and still not success. What else can I do?

Replies

• rslavens
    rslavens Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you find out, please let me know :)
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    A belly pooch is a natural element of woman's body. (look at the Venus De Milo) If you are trim and healthy, don't worry about it. You can stress yourself out and get too obsesive and then ruin your health trying to get rid of something that is supposed to be there. Can you exercise your arm away?
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i totally agree with boniekatie. i'm a very fit and active person. i weigh 105 lbs. my doctor tells me i need to gain some fat and
    I HAVE A BELLY POOCH. that's right- my stomach is not flat. its how a great deal of women are built. if you are at a slim weight, just learn to focus on being proud of that.
  • MelissaLu
    MelissaLu Posts: 83
    Options
    I honestly love a little belly pooch. I think for a woman it looks beautiful. Then again I'm all for the fleshly woman look (but healthy of course!)
  • ninapetteys
    ninapetteys Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been working with a trainer. She showed me how to do rotators on a freemotion machine. Pull the weight out to full extension with your feet paralle to the hand grip and rotate the grip across your body keeping your feet planted, knees slightly bent and suck your belly button to your spine to activate your core muscles and rotate 20-25 reps a side 3 sets per side. I did 50 lbs, but do what's comfortable.

There's also side crunchs using the lower back machine. Plant your hip on the cushion and balance on your side. Extend yoru arm above your head and crunch into your side. do 15-20 reps per side, 3 sets.
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My gorgeous sister in law is 5'7 or 5'8, easily 110 lbs, and after 2 beautiful babies, even she has a small belly pooch... I think it's one of those genetic inevitabilities...

I have a belly too, but I also weigh more than she does and am a full 1/2 foot shorter! :D
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've been working with a trainer. She showed me how to do rotators on a freemotion machine. Pull the weight out to full extension with your feet paralle to the hand grip and rotate the grip across your body keeping your feet planted, knees slightly bent and suck your belly button to your spine to activate your core muscles and rotate 20-25 reps a side 3 sets per side. I did 50 lbs, but do what's comfortable.

There's also side crunchs using the lower back machine. Plant your hip on the cushion and balance on your side. Extend yoru arm above your head and crunch into your side. do 15-20 reps per side, 3 sets.

This is the exact exercise I do with my trainer--but I will always have that pooch...i just want it to be much smaller.
  • jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, don't fret too much. I had twins If you want to see something scary you should see the "twin skin".:noway:
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, don't fret too much. I had twins If you want to see something scary you should see the "twin skin".:noway:

Amen, Sista. I too, had twins.

I still long, however, for the flat belly I took for granted all those years. I'm going to keep trying to work for it, but am beginning to lower my expectations and accept that I may not get all the way back there. :sad:

I lucked out and didn't get any stretch marks, but I fear the muscles under this 'jiggle' will never be the same!
  • Heather1776
    Heather1776 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I second that! My first son was 10lbs 12oz and then I had my twins who were over 12lbs together! My stomach will never be bikini worthy again!! Even if I was able to flatten it, the stretch marks alone would scare some away!! LOL
  • ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i started working with a trainer back in march. i had been exercising every day for two hours for 4 months and my stomach didnt change. finally in march i got with a trainer. after my first workout i couldnt move. it was all crazy. it was only 30 mins. she showed me this stomach workout that made my abs so like all ever. it really worked. i did this once a week and dropped an inch every week i did it. its simple.

get in a push up position. bring one knee up towards your chest. it can either go under you or out to the side. doesnt really matter. do it 8 times each side. then get down onto your elbows. bring each knee up to your chest 8 times. then rest. get back up in push up position and do it again. this time doing 4 each side then getting on your elbows. do 4 each side and back up to push up position. do 4 again and then down on your elbows and do 4. then rest. do it all over again but switching to 2 each time. you do a total of 16 top and bottom. it really works.

i just had my second son. hes 8mos old. my first is 2yrs old. i started working out to lose the weight when my youngest turned 3mos old. i had gained 85 pounds with my first. i have proudly worked off 60 of it. my stomach is starting to look normal again. if you want it to be flat again you can do it. dont let anyone discourage you from that. if you have stretch marks they will get less noticeable the tighter your stomach gets.
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i started working with a trainer back in march. i had been exercising every day for two hours for 4 months and my stomach didnt change. finally in march i got with a trainer. after my first workout i couldnt move. it was all crazy. it was only 30 mins. she showed me this stomach workout that made my abs so like all ever. it really worked. i did this once a week and dropped an inch every week i did it. its simple.

get in a push up position. bring one knee up towards your chest. it can either go under you or out to the side. doesnt really matter. do it 8 times each side. then get down onto your elbows. bring each knee up to your chest 8 times. then rest. get back up in push up position and do it again. this time doing 4 each side then getting on your elbows. do 4 each side and back up to push up position. do 4 again and then down on your elbows and do 4. then rest. do it all over again but switching to 2 each time. you do a total of 16 top and bottom. it really works.

i just had my second son. hes 8mos old. my first is 2yrs old. i started working out to lose the weight when my youngest turned 3mos old. i had gained 85 pounds with my first. i have proudly worked off 60 of it. my stomach is starting to look normal again. if you want it to be flat again you can do it. dont let anyone discourage you from that. if you have stretch marks they will get less noticeable the tighter your stomach gets.
    YES! I've done this with my trainer and it is a KILLER. She also has me on my hands (not pushup) bring knee to chest and then extend out behind me and THEN around to the side...that's 1. I do that 12x each leg...do planks with leg lifts and then back to that. You really do feel like you want to die. LOL I get my measurements done on Saturday. I'll let you know if there is improvement! And, while you do this--you are balancing on your other leg..so it's working your entire core also.
  • RebeccaAnne219
    RebeccaAnne219 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pilates is an excellent way to get rid of the pooch. I don't know if there is a pilates studio in your area, but they really whittle away at the pooch!