nsv

Options
Yesterday on a tour hubby and I were told that there are no "keep off the grass" signs on purpose as that was the designer's intent in designing the garden. He had the ardent wish that the public be allowed to enjoy his design from all angles and as part of it. We left the tour soon after because our little one was antsy. When we discovered my new earring missing we backtracked and then finding a worker on a level above hubby crossed some plantings and grassy area up top to reach her, I followed slowly but surely.

When she saw me she began hollering "Get off the grass! Hey please can you get off the grass, Miss, please you cannot be on there! Excuse me honey please get off!" I proceeded towards them while he distracted her with his question re: lost and found. She handled that and eventually when I worked my way over to him, she spoke to him solely as though I was not there. When our kid veered closer to us in his shenanigans she finally began to look at me closely and regard me as an adult but was unsure. She was younger than me.

SO, that's it, I was called "Miss" instead of "Ma'am" and by a woman that's younger than me by at least a decade I'd suspect. I've only measured a 5 lb loss but haven't weighed in in over a week, so who knows. The weight seems to be coming off my belly first so I guess that's it, big belly=Ma'am, smaller belly=Miss.

Yeah, it's a small NSV that's why I didn't capitalize it.

Replies

• Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well done
    Spent yesterday with people slack jawed at my loss
    Find these situations a bit awkward particularly talking to larger people
    Do I feel better for it? Yes I am not carrying around another person
    Have I got man boobs? No
    Has all my skin gone? Never had stretch marks so exercise has pretty much got rid of it all
    Was it easy? Hardest thing was to start

Hopefully this is just the start for nsv and you burger girl
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    that's awesome superchas. i can imagine their faces.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!