Richard Simmons Workout people!

Options
I work out to a VHS of Richard Simmons dance your pants off from 1997! I bought it when I was 18 and tried to lose weight with it but to no avail.. 4 months ago, I started it again, 33 lbs later, here I am, thank you Richard and my workout room with my old school TV/VCR combo! Lol!.. Anyway, just wanted to know who else still does these vids? And who wants to give Richard his props!

Replies

• xintothevoidxz
    Options
    I have a friend that just picked one up. That stuff burns 2.5/3 calories per minute!

I'm considering getting a vid too if I can find them :)
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Mate, I've trained with him in real life! Woo!

It was last year in Hollywood - I am hoping to do it again next month. He teaches classes on a regular basis so I might get lucky when I'm in the area again. :D

He is hilarious in real life.
  • PennySoutar
    Options
    I had foot then shoulder surgery a while back and am finally recovered enough to do aerobics. Of course I turned to Richard. I borrowed a couple of sweating to the oldies dvds from the library to see if I could actually do it. I can! It will take a month or so to build up where I can do the whole program, but now I know I can do this so I'm going to purchase them. I love dancing and music, and these are perfect.
  • BCCraftLady
    BCCraftLady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Richard S. has made any dvds?
  • WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Too funny- i used to "sweat to the oldies" with my mom when like 25 years ago...lol
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    http://www.richardsimmonshope.com/

He's on the 90 day bandwagon.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    We have home videos of my sister and I dancing to "sweat to the oldies" when we were a couple years old haha. Not gonna lie, I definitely used some of the songs and moves when I started teaching water aerobics! lol
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    I used to do his videos & still think he's great!! :smile:
  • chellenbub
    Options
    Yes Richard S has dvds
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i love richard simmons, he is HOT!
  • kathy140
    Options
    yes he does have a new one out.I caught it on a TV.. it is called hope project. it is a 90 day plan..it has 3 30 minutes DVD's which you do and it comes with an electronic food mover...
    I have many of his tapes and I loved them all...
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    anyone still doing these?? to kim - I also did the Dance Your Pants Off VHS when I was 15-16 years old. my mom ordered it and never used it. I LOVED it! I actually did lose some weight but I couldn't tell you how much. I just noticed it in pictures from that summer. I wish they had this one on dvd.

but around Christmas this year, I did go looking for some DVDs and it seems they put quite a few of the Sweating to the Oldies on DVD (I bought one for my mom) but I bought the Party Your Pants Off (also to 80s music like dance your pants off) because I wanted something close to the Dance Your Pants Off. It is a little bit harder I think than the other one; however, I had the other one memorized for the most part because I did it so much so that could be it too. Either way, I loved the Party Your Pants Off - if you liked Dance Your Pants Off...I'd look into it!

I did pull out Dance Your Pants Off VHS over the weekend because I liked my new one so much and my poor VHS tape is so messed up if I didn't remember (yes, 17 years later I remembered most of it), I probably couldn't have done it. But just as fun now as it was 17 years ago.

I've done ALOT of different at home workout dvds and programs and I had more fun doing this over the weekend!