One Year Today!

Options
SteffieMark
SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
One year ago today, I decided to take back my life. I was obese, unhealthy and miserable. I never left my house. In fact I had not ventured outside in 5 years. I was basically just waiting to die. I didn't think it would be much longer until I did. I was sad, afraid and ashamed.

I changed the way I ate, the way I moved and more importantly, the way I think. I cut out all "High Glycemic" white carbs, from my diet. I stopped eating red meat. I stopped eating sugar. I stopped eating processed foods. I started moving, a little at first, a little was all I could do. But, I built up to more, I got stronger and I started gaining my stamina and endurance back.

Life has sure changed in this last 365 days. I have lost 93.6 pounds! I have gone from a BMI of 38.8 to 24.2! I climb mountains, I snowshoe for miles, I hike to some of the most beautiful places in the PNW! I am no longer afraid or ashamed. I am no longer sad. The most awesome thing is...I am no longer waiting to die! I am living my life the way I was meant to live it.

I can do anything that I think I can! I can't do anything that I think I can't! That is seriously the most important lesson I have learned from this. I believe in myself and my abilities! If I didn't, I would still be where I was a year ago. I am so thankful that I'm not.

If you struggle with things in your life, you can take control. You can own it and you can conquer it. At 55 years old, I am doing it. Anybody can!

Last July, I started blogging my progress and a bit more details of my story and how I got where I had been. I did it mostly for myself, but a few family members were given the address, so they could follow along with me. It also contains the return of my love for sewing my own clothes, which I do a lot now! It documents most of my hikes and contains pictures at my worst and best! If you'd care to read more of my story and how I got to where I was, and how I managed to come back to life, you may visit... http://toasl.blog.com/

361days_zpsc9d667d1.jpg

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Wowzers, you look 20 years younger too. Well done on your loss :)
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look like you lost 10 years! You look fantastic. Great work!
  • SparklyPinkMom
    SparklyPinkMom Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing - Congratulations, you look great....and your story is so inspiring! :)
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Nice going! Definitely makes you look younger and more vibrant.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! You must feel amazing. You should be so proud.
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look so much younger! Awesome job! Hope to be as successful as you in one year!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You prove that its never too late to change!!!

Very inspirational!!!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You look at least 10 years younger and so much fitter!

Well done you!
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are! Congratulatiions!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I feel so much better!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you. You inspire me on a daily basis. It has brought me so much joy watching you progress and change this past year. I am proud of you for all of your accomplishments and can't wait to see all your future triumphs and successes!! You are truly amazing!
  • JaneMills0
    JaneMills0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are awazing. I am so proud of you
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger. Great job!!!
  • plumbobet
    Options
    You look wonderful,great job :smile:
  • amysue1971
    amysue1971 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!!!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! Look how young you look now!!! your awesome!
  • meaningful99
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congratulations on your inspiring turnaround!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Steffie--As you know I've been following you from the beginning and your story is so inspiring. I am so proud of what you have done, and so happy that you can take all of those wonderful hikes to many of my favorite places.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    You look like a new woman, and younger even! Congratz!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!