Trying to gain weight

Options
I feel like I'm the only one here that is trying to gain weight. If you are trying to gain weight as well, please add me.

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I am trying to gain weight, there are a lot of people on here looking to bulk up
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    bulking!!
  • rebeccafrederick
    Options
    ok, I feel like I'm the only GIRL here trying to gain weight
  • Blondesaurus_Rex
    Options
    Props to you for not following the path of "i'm too fat and need to lose weight!" created by today's female society. so sad women are no longer confident with themselves):
  • rebeccafrederick
    Options
    a lot of you might ask the question, why are you on a weight loss program if you want to gain weight? Well, for starters, I looked, and there are no weight gain programs. And secondly, it does keep me accountable for eating, sometimes I just plain forget to eat. I'll be hungry, but then too busy to eat, and then I'll just forget that I'm hungry.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm not one of them, but I know they're here! This isn't only a weight loss program, it's just a way to track what you're eating to whatever end you're going for. Some people lose, some people maintain, and some are here to gain.
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain, but I'm pregnant. I also find it is a helpful reminder to eat and eat well. I joined specifically for pregnancy.
  • lindiesl81
    Options
    I just joined with the advice of a friend. It is really helpful to keep track of what you are eating. Sometimes I get so busy that I look back on my day and realize that I didn't even reach the 1500 calorie mark. I am also trying to gain weight. I am 31, 5'2", 3 kids and only 90lbs. I would like to put on 20 lbs. I am hoping this might help keep me organized. It is ok for people to skip meals when trying to lose weight but if I skip I can't afford the weight loss. So you are not alone in being a girl and trying to gain! ;)
  • caloriesnme
    caloriesnme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Im trying to gain weight as well. If you have any tips or suggestions I would love to hear them. I have successfully gained 6lbs then lost them again after I had a change in medication. I find boost plus helps tons to gain weight.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    The main goal for most of us is to be strong and healthy! Some of us just need to move in different directions to achieve it!

One thing that might have some helpful hints for you are all the "I can't eat enough!" Threads. Some of the OPs are trying to brag, but they all receive advice about adding in high calorie foods that are still healthy: nuts, avocados, adding oils to cooking and salads, eating snacks...

Another piece of advice applicable to everyone is strength training. Sure, you might need to eat a few more calories yet, but if something in your life changes, muscle will give you more leeway to adjust.

Good luck!
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely trying to lose, but I support whatever your fitness goals are! And tracking what you eat and your activities is good in any case. Good luck!
  • robynroo
    Options
    I too am trying to gain weight. I recently had an operation to remove an ovary tumour, along with a lot of fluid. Before hand, i just thought i was fat. But afterwards, i just dropped 10 pounds. I'm at least wanting to get that 10lbs back.
    But i'm finding it very hard, and difficult.

and i do agree, that just tracking what i eat can help me eat more.
    But i do struggle fighting with my mind when trying to eat.

because before hand i thought i was fat, i exercised and ate less, so i'm finding it hard to get back to eating again.