Tilapia Recipes?

Options
Trying to include more fish in our weekly meals. One night salmon and one night tilapia a week. Sooo I have a ton of salmon recipes that we love (though will always take more) but I have a hard time find tilapia recipes that are good. So share yours :) Bonus if its kid friendly!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I make baked fish stick with panko breading and garlic powder
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I like to keep things simple and easy, and I love tilapia, so my favorite (fast) way to make it is to simply soak it in a little bit of lemon juice and then sprinkle the fillets with garlic powder, chili powder, and seasoned pepper. Then I grill it on my George Foreman grill.

Nothing fancy, but I think it tastes great :)
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Coat in sesame seeds and pan fry in oil with a bit of dark sesame oil.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love my Tilapia broiled and with peach mango salsa! Yummy!
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I bake mine in an aluminum foil pouch with a bit of rice vinegar or lemon juice, diced tomato, chopped onion, garlic and green and red peppers. Simple and tasty
  • ericadawn92
    Options
    I bake mine in an aluminum foil pouch with a bit of rice vinegar or lemon juice, diced tomato, chopped onion, garlic and green and red peppers. Simple and tasty

This sounds really good! Will have to try it sometime!
  • Abbi73
    Abbi73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I just baked it in a pan over a layer of carrots, eggplants, bell pepper, zucchini, tomato and potato. flavored it with lemon, garlic, black pepper and cumin; covered it with aluminum foil. It was ready in 45 mins.
  • shuttlebug1
    shuttlebug1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like to pan fry it in water and serve it with teriyaki sauce, rice, and steamed veggies.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I pan sear my Tilapia with some spices (olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika usually) then cut it up and make fish tacos out of it (soft shells). Add some mango salsa, guacamole, onions, etc. Whatever you like! Yummm!
  • Saraln
    Saraln Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is my go to Tilapia recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-garlic-tilapia/detail.aspx
    Instead of melted butter, I use spray butter (no calories)

This one is good also: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx?prop24=RD_RelatedRecipes

Enjoy :)
  • JuanitaClifton
    Options
    Hello: i have just joined, this is my 3rd day. I'm doing tilapia fish tonight had salmon yesterday. I found a fish seasoning which is very delicious. And they have another that is a lemon/pepper seasoning. Thats about all i have at this time, sometimes i look on the internet, i type in recipies, tilapia or what ever meat it is and there are free recipe sites. i've tried some of them some i use ideas from. Wish you the best. Juanita
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I like shuttlebug's idea. Sounds yummy.
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Taste of Home has a fantastic recipe made with Pablo crumbs!
  • ericadawn92
    Options
    I pan sear my Tilapia with some spices (olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika usually) then cut it up and make fish tacos out of it (soft shells). Add some mango salsa, guacamole, onions, etc. Whatever you like! Yummm!

This ALSO sounds fabulous!
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I rinse my tilapia with water, then season it with lemon pepper add a few slices of thin slice lemon put in a foil pack and back
    also rinse season bake in a foil pack and add some form of salsa.
    I do use a forman but it bothers i place foil on top and bottom of the fish (sprayed with pam first) then i throw the foil away. easy clean up that way
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    My daughter says that this is the best fish ever... She would eat it like crazy.

Put 1/2 c slivered almonds in food processor and pulse until fairly smooth. Place in a bowl with 1/2 c seasoned panko. Dip tilapia in egg white and then place in panko/almond mixture. Press down firmly on both sides to help ensure the mixture sticks. Pan fry in ~2 tsp olive oil.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I posted this fish taco recipe last year and it's my absolute go-to for tilapia tacos. It's positively AMAZING! (and you'll see a picture!)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/644143-fantastically-fabulous-fish-tacos?hl=fish+tacos
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I spray a lite coat of butter on my fish, and put shredded parmesan cheese on top then throw on the gril..
  • delaney056
    Options
    Lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper, and basil!
  • MadameMoustache
    MadameMoustache Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Weird this is just what I had for dinner tonight.
    Easy, simple and fast.
    In a aluminium foil sheet, place one leaf of Swiss chard (stem removed), some bean sprouts, one skinless tilapia filet on top, drizzle a bit of lemon juice, EVOO and sprinkle 1-2 tbsp of ground flax seeds on top of the fish.
    Fold the foil to create a pouch and cook for approx. 20 minutes at 325-350. Then, uncover the fish set the oven at broil for 5 minutes to crisp up the flax crust.
    Some salt and pepper and you have a great meal!