Trying again

Options
robsmom
robsmom Posts: 9 Member
I'm back after quite a few months. I have a hard time losing due to medication so got quite frustrated and gave up. So no there's more to lose. I have arthritis so exercise is hard, I will start using exercise bike again. Need motivation.

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!:flowerforyou:
  • shadows1177
    shadows1177 Posts: 33
    Options
    Try swimming in a heated pool! That will help the joints and it burns calories faster than walking or biking!!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! It takes courage to get up and try again...especially after some backtracking. However, we've all been there. Its possible and the chances of you becoming the person you've always wanted to be only get better and better each time. I believe in you, and I'm sure that you will stick to your guns this time and stick with us at MFP! You can do this!
  • mullensamy
    mullensamy Posts: 11
    Options
    Bless your heart! Have you tried setting small goals to start with? Even if you can commit to just 10 minutes a day it will be helpful to your body and easier to work your way up to a longer duration. Best wishes to you, I'm glad you're willing to give it another go-round!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm back after quite a few months. I have a hard time losing due to medication so got quite frustrated and gave up. So no there's more to lose. I have arthritis so exercise is hard, I will start using exercise bike again. Need motivation.
    We have all backslid, so you are preaching to the choir! ;)
    I have arthritis and the advice to swim in warmed water is superb.
    I also found out I hurt less because my joints are not having to carry as much weight. Plus my muscles--the bit extra I have acquired during this 4-month period--help support the joints better than before.
    You can do this. The trick is to get back on that weight loss 'horse' each time you fall off. Hugs, :drinker: