Alcohol for Memorial Weekend

Options
13»

Replies

• Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If I want a drink I like either Crown Royal 97 cal or Tequila 70 cal and I mix it with Carbonated water.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I wasn't being judgmental. I said in my post that anyone who is legal drinking age can drink if they want to. As a non-drinker I'm just trying to understand why others feel they HAVE to drink in order to unwind. I just don't get that part of it. There's no reason to get your panties in a twist because I asked a simple question. But I'm off of this post now.

You were being judgmental by saying that's sad. Too bad you don't know how not to post at all if you have nothing to contribute.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i actually had to stop reading this thread because instead of answering the questions people have to throw their judgment into the mix....
    if you have nothing to contribute to the topic ABOUT the topic why do you post a response...
    i love coming here and reading people suggestions but i'm REALLY getting sick of reading people that have to impose their opinions on everyone....why do people have to drink to have a good time??? why ask that question???? who cares???? if they want a drink to enjoy their hard work this weekend or this day or this year or whatever why do you have to ask why????????

just think before you post please....if it isnt pertinent to the topic, please keep it to yourself...there is absolutely no reason for anyone on this board to feel personally attacked for a choice THEY GET TO MAKE ABOUT THEIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay i'm done....
    thanks for the topic and thanks for the suggestions i read...i'm not a big drinker but i am glad to know what "lighter" drinks i can imbibe if i so choose this weekend or any other time for that matter....kinda like the lower calorie fruit thread i read the other day...
    thanks again and sorry for the rant,
    denise
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    What Bluiz13 said!!

I always enjoy single shot vodkas and Sprite Zero on the rocks.

Enjoy and be responsible not a statistic...
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    • Pina Colada (6 oz): 378 calories
    • Mojito (8 oz): 214 calories
    • Cosmopolitan (4 oz): 200 calories
    • Chocolate martini: (2 oz each vodka, chocolate liqueur, cream, 1/2 oz creme de cacao, chocolate syrup): 438
    • Margarita (8 oz): 280
    • Green apple martini (1 oz each vodka, sour apple, apple juice): 148
    • Martini (2.5 oz): 160
    • Port wine (3 oz):128
    • Bloody Mary (5 oz): 118
    • Red wine (5 oz):120
    • White wine (5 oz): 120
    • Alcohol-free wine (5 oz): 20-30
    • Beer (12 oz): 150-198
    • Light beer (12 oz): 95-136
    • Ultra-light beer (12 oz): 64-95
    • Champagne (5oz): 106-120
    • Coffee liqueur (3 ounces): 348
    • Godiva chocolate liqueur (3 oz): 310
    • Wine spritzer (5 oz): 100
    • Eggnog with rum (8 ounces): 370
    • Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps (8 oz): 380
    • Hot buttered rum (8 oz): 292
    • Spiced cider with rum ( 8 oz):150
    • Mulled wine (5 oz): 200
    • Vodka and tonic (8 oz): 200
    • Screwdriver (8 oz): 190
    • Mimosa (4 oz): 75
    • Gin and tonic (7 oz): 200
    • Long Island iced tea (8 oz): 780
    • White Russian (2 oz vodka, 1.5 oz coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz cream): 425
    • Mai Tai (6 oz) (1.5 oz rum, 1/2 oz cream de along, 1/2 oz triple sec, sour mix, pineapple juice): 350
    • Rum and Coke (8 oz): 185
    • Rum and Diet Coke (8 oz): 100
    • Mike's Hard Lemonade (11 oz): 98

Thanks Foxy,
    this is brilliant, so helpful

have a good weekend!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am going to Vegas, I think drinking is required;) but I am going to much more "aware" than in the past. I can't make my own drinks, so I will probably order vodka with club soda (I prefer tonic but it has calories and club soda does not) I usually squeeze a lime in or order flavor vodka if they have it. Otherwise I will drink light beer. But I might want a margarita, but I can get away with silver tequila mixed with soda and lime for a low-cal version.
    I agree with bluiz, why click on this post and ask questions like-why do you have to drink to unwind?
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    why do u wear make up ...cant u feel beautiful with out it....some religions think that is wrong too! LMBO!!!!!!!!!! and btw cheers! I prefer bud light ponies...YUMMY!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    i actually had to stop reading this thread because instead of answering the questions people have to throw their judgment into the mix....
    if you have nothing to contribute to the topic ABOUT the topic why do you post a response...
    i love coming here and reading people suggestions but i'm REALLY getting sick of reading people that have to impose their opinions on everyone....why do people have to drink to have a good time??? why ask that question???? who cares???? if they want a drink to enjoy their hard work this weekend or this day or this year or whatever why do you have to ask why????????

just think before you post please....if it isnt pertinent to the topic, please keep it to yourself...there is absolutely no reason for anyone on this board to feel personally attacked for a choice THEY GET TO MAKE ABOUT THEIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay i'm done....
    thanks for the topic and thanks for the suggestions i read...i'm not a big drinker but i am glad to know what "lighter" drinks i can imbibe if i so choose this weekend or any other time for that matter....kinda like the lower calorie fruit thread i read the other day...
    thanks again and sorry for the rant,
    denise

:flowerforyou: I loved this rant :heart: :heart: :heart: Well said Denise!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    why do u wear make up ...cant u feel beautiful with out it....some religions think that is wrong too! LMBO!!!!!!!!!! and btw cheers! I prefer bud light ponies...YUMMY!

he he.....why do you wear make-up.....hilarious.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

Make-up makes me feel pretty!! And it's not like I go outside with it on. GOSH!!! :devil:
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Love you guys! I'm LMAO over my skinny cosmo!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Make-up makes me feel pretty!! And it's not like I go outside with it on. GOSH!!! :devil:

Zebra...free yourself....go on outside! :laugh:

I wear make-up because I'm ugly on the inside and I atleast want my outside to be pretty.
  • kimmay
    kimmay Posts: 26
    Options
    My favorite low cal drink is absolut mandarin, tonic water and a squeeze of lime. Just checked the nutritional info for absolut mandarin and it is 69 calories per 1 oz. and 10 cals for tonic water.