Ugly beginnings...PIC HEAVY

Alright, this is going to be my last post until I reach my short-term weight loss goal and the next forum I write will have lots of progress pics...I am determined!

Anyways, I wanted to put a brief collage of pictures together so everyone can get a good image in their head of what I look like now so the change will be really visible. I am 5'4" and my weight just a few minutes ago was 146.6 lbs when I stepped on my Weight Watchers scale. A healthy weight range for someone my height and build is 124 lbs - 138 lbs. I carry most of my weight in my chest, stomach, and butt.

I plan to be eating a diet free of red meat, poultry, and processed foods along with minimal dairy. For exercise, I am going to be lifting weights 3x a week and doing a P90X cardio video 5x a week.

I need to be holding myself accountable for the shape my body is in...that is why I'm doing this.

Wish me luck! Here goes nothing...

Comments and criticisms welcome. :drinker:

34687yp.jpg

2e4d6w0.jpg

2luxgjr.jpg

igyhed.jpg

2rpfyoz.jpg

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    You're healthy!!! You look great! No criticism needed. Can't wait to see the "after" photos. I took "before" pics a week ago because I want to be on here some day showing "after" pics with muscles.

I'm leaving the house now to go to the Library to get books: "The new lifting for women" and strength training guides. I'm determined to get there someday!!

Good Luck! We can support each other.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    That is awesome, good luck! If you need any advice you know you can PM me. :)

I will start off by saying that I'm happy you are sticking to what your healthy weight range says. For my height, my healthy range ends at 159 so I'm actually 9 lbs "overweight". You're only 8! If you think about it, thats not too far to go!! So make that your first little goal and celebrate when you're there! I'll do the same thing if we hit our healthy goals around the same time!!
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    I dont think you should be weight lifting 3x a week, plus P90X 5x! I would just strength train 3x and on the other days do P90X... And i would even have atleast one rest day each week to start... You dont want to wear yourself out right away! Whatever you do, make sure its something that you can do for the rest of your life! :)
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    But i honestly think your body will look great in a few months with a healthy diet and just strength training!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Free of poultry?! WHYYYYYY?! Good protein omnomnom...
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I dont think you should be weight lifting 3x a week, plus P90X 5x! I would just strength train 3x and on the other days do P90X... And i would even have atleast one rest day each week to start... You dont want to wear yourself out right away! Whatever you do, make sure its something that you can do for the rest of your life! :)

i agree 100%
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Good luck!
  • Looking great! Good work!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Your before looks like my after in my dreams. :)
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    STAHHHHHHHP that! You look lovely!

I'ma give you a pro-tip. Loving your body for what it does for you is the first step to sustainable weight loss. If you start with bad body image, you won't be able to see and focus on how fantastic and strong your body is and how much stronger and faster it can get.
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member

i agree 100%

yup. no need to over due it.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    you look great already in my opinion.

:)
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    I have to say there is nothing wrong with your pic's and theres no sign of them been ugly just normal so have fun
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    I think you've posted your 'after' photos ...
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Free of poultry?! WHYYYYYY?! Good protein omnomnom...

My thoughts too! Where are you going to be getting your protein from as you are cutting out red meat and chicken?
  • I'm 5'4" and your weight is my GOAL weight. I know we all carry differently but I had to laugh. You are beautiful, btw. :)
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    I think you look fantastic right now! But, I do hope you love heavy lifting as much as I do. I love it for what it's doing to my body and MIND!

I will say that, like another poster mentioned, true heavy lifting 3x per week is not going to be good mixed with P90X...it's going to be way too much. After heavy lifting, your muscles/body is going to need a full rest day before your next lifting session.

Also....be aware that with the heavy lifting is going to come an increased need for protein. Leaving meat and dairy out of your diet is going to make that a challenge.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    I think you look amazing and I will never look that good even in my dreams. but, with that said, I think its awesome you want to be healthier. Good luck!!!
  • girl there is nothing ugly about you!

keep up the good work!!
  • My thoughts EXACTLY.