scale question

Options
I have been on MFP for over a year. I have been using the scale at the YMCA to weigh myself on Saturday mornings. The only issue is that I can't weigh first thing when I wake up. I tend to drink two glasses of diet soda and eat yogurt. I try to make it so that the eating and drinking is done so when I weigh in it's been an hour since last eating and drinking and I keep it the same routine.

I was up a bit on Saturday due to TOM and it bugs me that I will have to wait another week to see the numbers again.

Around Christmas time, I bought a wii fitness board and I play around with weighing myself on it. I do it first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and before eating and drinking. The number tends to be a pound or so less than the Saturday weight on most days.

I am debating to pick a day and use the wii scale instead of the Y scale. Any opinions on the accuracy on the wii scale and would this be a good idea to switch to using it instead of the Y scale.

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    As long as you are consistent with what you do your losses will show up each week. If you weigh in every week after drinking two glasses of water and wearing clothes than that is equal both weeks.. any change will still show. Just pick what works best for you and stick with it :)
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I stood on my scale three times in a row and got three different numbers within a two pound range. I hate that damn thing! Always messing with my head! Point being, whichever scale you use, take it with a grain of salt and give it a couple pound berth. I'm sure the wii is fine if it is only a pound or so under and you weigh first thing. I always feel lightest just as I wake up! Good luck!
  • kg4ulu
    kg4ulu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Pick one scale and do the same thing every time. There will be differences between your scale and the Y. You can't compare one to the other.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will have to think about this some more. Like the idea of being able to check in with the weighing more often and the wii scale would allow me to do that.