Looking for friends to keep me accountable

Options
Hi there
I am not new to myfitnesspal but I am looking for friends who will keep me accountable and give me some encouragement when I need it and I promise to do the same.
I am a 33 year old cook and I find it dificult to lose weight when my life is spent around food. I also love to eat out and spend time with friends which also revloves around food. So yes it is dificult but it is something that I have set my mind to doing.
I have been loosing weight for the last year. I started on myfitnesspal in January 2012- September 2012 I lost around 30+lbs. I was 225lbs at my heaviest weight. I am at 195lbs and would like to loose another 30lbs. My goal weight is 165lbs that is probably still a bit heaver then I should be but it is a weight that I am comfortable at.
I took time off from September till now due to all the birthdays and family events that I have to go to. I also work over nights so that effects how I eat and when I post.

Hope yo hear from you
Mel

Replies

• MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Happy for you to send me a friend request if you are interested. I am on here everyday.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! We're already MFPals, but I just figured I'd shoot you a comment. I'm feeling the same way you are. I had taken about a month and a half off back in December for my birthday and many holidays, and am finding it really hard to get back on the horse. I think I'm finally starting to get back to where I need to be in terms of eating and a workout routine. Feel free to PM me anytime you need to vent or need some extra support; I check in on here everyday.

Just remember, you did it once, you can do it again. This is a journey, and the lessons (and pit stops) along the way are a part of that. You got this, girlfriend! :D
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    thanks so much!!
  • mamalaluna
    mamalaluna Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I love motivational buddies =)
  • buffbitch80
    Options
    hiya Mel. my names crystal. i too want to be accountable. i dont have much support. i am new to the site as well, sounds like you have done awesome so far. i have quite a bit to lose. 100 or so. we are around the same age... . anyway, it;s good to see someone in the same boat as far as trying to find ppl for a sounding board. would love to help. cheers.
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    Thanks so much to all of you for joining me in this journey.

Feel free to add me
  • Brooks088
    Options
    I am a "returner" too....for sickness reasons I was off.....maintained my weight loss looking forward to much more!!
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    Welcome back brooks088