2 weeks healthy eating and gym with no progress...I QUIT!

Options

Replies

• yoyonada
    yoyonada Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Plateau. Not to worry. Keep with your plan and you'll succeed. Just think about the alternative. You stop, fall off the wagon, you'll be much more unhappy. Eat lots of veggie soup to fill yourself up and satisfy! Supplement with fruits, veggies, whole grains. You'll get over this plateau if you're patient. (I let a plateau discourage me after losing 25 lbs, and I was so unhappy I let the weight slip back on slowly but surely. Keep at it!!! Don't do what I did.)
  • faithoverfailure
    faithoverfailure Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am starting an online program with a trainer named Jamie Eason. The program details how to do the exercises and which machines to use. The first four weeks you are doing strictly weight training and then phase 2 cardio is added. Feel free to add me.... we can motivate each other:) I am headed to the grocery store tonight and I start working out tommorrow. If at first you do not succeed you must try, try,, and TRY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • carolynbergen1
    Options
    I just saw this post and my heart went out to you. You have hit a plateau. Don't quit!!!!! It will start to move again. Perhaps you have gained muscle! I am just waiting for the same dreaded thing. But I expect it. Be kind to yourself. Like another poster said, you did not gain it in 2 weeks and you are not going to lose it in two weeks. Slow and steady wins the race in this game. To be honest I see beginners like me on here going absolutely nuts with the exercising and I don't get it. It's a good way to hurt yourself or burn yourself out. Going from an overweight couch potato to doing an hour of cardio and then 30 minutes of strength training at a time is lunacy, IMO. Others may disagree but I am NOT putting myself through the boot camp method. If I try that I'll just stop altogether.
    Please don't quit. It WILL come off. We're all pulling for you!
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    I can only tell you what has worked for me and that is cutting calories to 1500/day (regardless of where the calories come from. I eat everything from organic chicken cabbage soup to oreos, as long as I end at 1500 cals of less). I dont workout when restricting calories bc it just requires me to eat more than I burned. When I do workout I only do pilates, no cardio. Ive lost up to 10lbs in 10days doing this

sw 165
    gw 125
    5'5
  • julscoso
    Options
    Do not quit!
    Try eating only meat & non-starchy veggies Monday to Friday.
    Gluten free, Dairy free & Sugar free foods on weekends.
    This is working for me!
    Every now and then I eat Gluten, Dairy & Sugar e.g. special occasions/when I am at someone else's house/parties only :wink:
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    2 WEEKS ISN'T ENOUGH. GIVE IT 12 AND THEN SEE IF U STILL WANT TO QUIT WHEN PEOPLE COME TO U AND SAY "GIRRRRL YOU ARE LOOKING GOOD". TRUST ME.
  • Drkashmere
    Drkashmere Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just for that I'M HEADING TO THE GYM! BYE!
  • DizzGunner86
    Options
    Thank you. I always thought it didn't matter how you accumulated the cals as long as you don't go over what mfp said. I get scared bcuz I'm on a budget. I don't have the means to buy the food I would like to eat like fish and all that stuff. I eat bread everyday which I was told was bad. Will I still lose weight?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I always thought it didn't matter how you accumulated the cals as long as you don't go over what mfp said. I get scared bcuz I'm on a budget. I don't have the means to buy the food I would like to eat like fish and all that stuff. I eat bread everyday which I was told was bad. Will I still lose weight?

You will lose weight if you eat the right number of calories. It doesn't matter where they come from, but you may find that some foods work better for satiety than others.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    A ship without a rudder wanders aimlessly. Make plan, be specific with it, then get someone at the gym to show you how to use the machines correctly. Start with just doing one exercise x 3 sets for each body part. Next week, increase the resistance.The next week add an exercise.
    There are lots of different workouts you can do and they are FREE online.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^^THIS!!!^^^
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    2 weeks....? I've been doing this for almost a year!! Even though i was doing it completely wrong most of the time, i never gave up and neither should you! How bad do you want it??

First, i just want to say, DONT EAT 1,200 CALORIES A DAY! I havent looked at your diary, but just dont do it! Look up the group EM2WL (eat more 2 weigh less) and adjust your calories accordingly..

Secondly, STRENGTH TRAIN!!! And you said youself that you would waste time in the gym cause you didnt know what to do... Just being in the gym wont get you results!! Get a program such as "The new rules of lifting for women", or stronglifts 5x5!!

If you have any questions, message me! Good luck! :)
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What stood out to me about your post was that you pack fruit and snacks for on the go. Just make sure you're not eating too many fruits. Than can really add up in the calories, and keep processed snacks to a bare minimum. Make sure you're getting all your water in daily. I also agree with a previous poster about cutting out the machines and weights (for now). I would just get your HR up and burn some fat on the treadmill or elliptical. Once you start dropping and feel more confident, then start back with the weight training.

Keep going!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Maybe you should try a personal trainer for a little while. Just so he/she can teach you what workouts to do, and how to use the machines and such.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    it takes me usually 2-3 months to see progress, stick with it!
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I'm not sure your height and weight but as a man you can almost certainly eat more than 1270 a day, that is considered low for women. Try 1800 calories, you will feel better. As for how you accumulate the calories, I prefer a 40c/40p/30f ratio, but if you are on a budget that could be difficult, so you could do 50% carbs and split protein and fat 25/25. Bread is fine as long as you are getting enough nutrients. You will lose weight so eat MORE!

OP - Glad you're not giving up! I went about 5 weeks without a loss in January-February. You just HAVE to keep going. The way I see it is you can eat healthy and stay the same and FEEL healthier, or you can go back to your old habits and get fatter and feel worse. Which would you choose?
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just passed the same disappointment and frustration mark that you are talking about. I'm at day 40 now.

Everyone's advice is solid:

EDUCATE yourself more about food, calorie needs, how to work out, and your own body needs.
    RECALIBRATE what isn't working.
    KEEP GOING, even if you fall of the wagon.

personally, I have only lost 2 pounds in 40 days, BUT I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist, my clothes are starting to look MUCH better on me, and my skin is glowing and looks better than it has in years.

As someone said, the body has all kinds of internal systems that take some adjusting time. I learned that I had a "broken metabolic furnace" from various things that happened this year. Unfortunately my body isn't like an excel spreadsheet that mechanically follows my plans.

Its fine though--when things get in order the weight will fall off. meanwhile I feel and look much better, practically like I did lose the weight.

Keep going ! :)
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    be patient.

did you put on all the extra weight in 2 weeks? of course not. you won't lose it in 2 weeks either.

^^This! Stick with it & good luck!
    yup we all agree! Good luck!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and play eenie, meenie, mynie, moe each day because I have no clue what machines to do. 2 weeks and no progress whatsoever. I went to GNC and saw the total lean 25 meal replacement shakes. Will that help? What can I do? What exercises should I do?

Okay, deep breath. Sounds like you don't really know what you're doing, and a great first step is just to do a little research. Or, if you want to sit down and talk one-on-one with someone, schedule a session with a personal trainer if possible. Or at least see if a staff member could walk you through the basics of each machine. It's not only not going to be helpful to you in the long run, but it can be dangerous if you're using equipment that you don't really know the proper function of. You don't want to strain your muscles or injure yourself by doing too much, or be wasting your time doing not enough. Really the best advice is professional advice. My two cents on the shakes though is that they're not going to satisfy you. If you're cooking healthy at home, that's fine. Just log what you eat and track your nutrients (protein, fat, sodium) and you'll see whether you're fueling your body properly or not. And like others have said, give it time-- this is going to take way longer than 2 weeks. Best of luck to you.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    1st off its been 2 weeks, start complaining after 2 months and I might have some sympathy. Your body takes time to adjust to new things. Maybe along with fruit, pack some rice cakes or pretzels. Too much fruit can be a problem as well, because it just converts to sugar. When at the gym do cardio, get on the elliptical or treadmill. Weights and machines will make the number on the scale go up, the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing. It's hard work trust me I know from experience. Please do not give up!
  • carolynbergen1
    Options
    bye

Wow....Are you trying to be an @sshole? Whats your deal bud?