count your blessings

Options
MrsAgi
MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
Sometimes its easy to get down about our life - work/family/weight/health. There's a lot to feel bad about;) But it never hurts to remind yourself of all the good things in life too, it can be great motivation to count your blessings!

I just found out that a lovely guy we met at a friends wedding a couple of years ago died last week from a sudden heart attack. He was 40, same as me:( today I am feeling thankful that I am alive, and have no chronic health concerns, that my family are all here with me, that I am optimistic for my children's futures, and that the big concerns in my life are too much food, rather than starvation, the speed of our health service rather than availability or cost, and finding time to keep my house clean and tidy rather than finding shelter......

My world is not such a bad place when you look around! What about yours? What are you thankful for?

Replies

• FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Gratitude and appreciation have been the cornerstones to my happiness as of late. My life is currently pretty hard- I am raising an infant alone, going to school full-time to get into a field I'll actually enjoy, and am chronically sleep-deprived...

BUT- I have a beautiful, healthy baby boy who I thank God for multiple times daily, I am fortunate enough to BE ABLE to go back to school for this degree to get into a job I will look forward to every day, and at least I'm still waking up in the morning! :-)

I'm also thankful that I'm not a dingbat like a lot of the girls I'm in classes with.. and can look all the recent struggles with a laugh and the knowledge that it's all just part of the process. :-)
  • shellywillmann
    shellywillmann Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting things into perspective. I am thankful that I have a house -- a small house, but it's our home. I am thankful for our 3 little kids. I am thankful that my son's T1 diabetes can be treated. It is challenging at times, but at least we live in a time when he can be expected to live and thrive .... so many things to be thankful for.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am thankful that I want to wake up every morning....ir hasn't been that long ago that waking up the next day was the worst thing I could think of.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    A wise man counts his blessings. A fool counts his problems.

~Michael Franti