Lack of encouragement with insanity and dieting. Advice?

Options
So I am new here, I have been trying to track my calories but I find myself on certain days if its something homemade (brisket) I don't count calories. Therefore the whole day I just don't do it. I am finishing up my third week of insanity and have saw a little bit of improvements but not a lot ( I am guessing because I don't go on the strict diet) my problem is when I do lose inches it's mostly in my chest (below my ribs) but I still have the pooch on my stomach so I eat Whatever to make my stomach even. It sounds weird but I want my stomach to be flat not pear shaped. I can barely exercise and encourage myself to get in better shape ( I lost 5 lbs my first week but haven't lost any since) I'm feeling discouraged. I want to feel better but everyone in my family is not into fitness and tells me I don't need to lose weight ( i am not fat i just want the flat tummy) I am doing this all on my own, I just want to look good for vacation! Did any one get any results by not following a strict diet? I hate dieting so I will count for a few days then not for another few days. This was more of a rant to see if anyone that does diet like me sees any results by doing this, I have lost a few inches and lost my "love handles" but I still haven't lost the tummy! Maybe it's to soon? TIA

Replies

• ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any scale movement with insanity until my 4-5th weeks, I track about 90% of my calories but don't follow a strict plan. I'd say take pics, don't measure/weigh yourself all the time, and stick with it. This isn't a sprint, things will change but you need to give them time and try to not obsess over it.
  • jayevan
    jayevan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am having the same experience, but this is my second rounbd of insanity. Agree, most of my results did not come until 4-5th week but I can feel my body getting stronger, in better shape, and preparing to lose weight and reshape. If you stick with Insanity everyday, and count your calories you will surely get results even if you dont do the diet. I am going to take a few tips from the Insanity diet plan, count my calories, and see how it goes.