Favorite healthy snacks

Options
What are you r favorite snacks when trying to lead a healthy lifestyle. A few of mine are almonds, apples, yogurt, bananas, and veggies!

Replies

• KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    I love all the ones you mentioned plus I really like raw cashews, almond butter, hummus and lofat chocolate milk made with 1% and almond breeze as a post workout drink.
  • kimberleighdiane
    Options
    one of my favorite snacks after a 35 min. workout with Tony and my P90 is a quick shake
    1 cup ice
    1 banana
    1 active light vanilla (my fav. but Im sure good with any flavor yogurt)

175 calories but worth it.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory makes (or you can find a brand that is similar) a low carb/high fiber tortilla that has 12 grams of fiber in it!!! I take that and wrap a piece of lean turkey in it and bam! Instant protein, fiber and I feel satisfied for quite some time....
  • JuDurand
    JuDurand Posts: 12
    Options
    What I'm having these days is 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese mixed with fresh fruit such as blackberries, grapes, strawberries... it's great and fills you until the next meal! Sometimes, I go for an apple or an asian pear with a piece of low fat cheese.

My recommendation is to always have a source of protein in your snack, that's what will keep your energy level high for 1-2 hours... otherwise you'll feel hungry half an hour later.

Hope it helps! :wink:
  • jermee
    jermee Posts: 15
    Options
    I am addicted to the fruit and nut ix from Costco. Wow. I have to watch myself or I cold eat a whole bag.
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    hummus and carrots, larabars, my homemade granola (which is very healthy and low sugar!)
  • DanielMiller
    Options
    I Like organic blue tortilla chips ( low sodium 65mg for 15 chips) with organic sweet onion salsa(also low sodium @ 50 mg per 2 Tbsp) No matter how fit i become i will never cease to eat me some Mexican chow. Motto for 2010 ...Find a Way to Reduce your Sodium, and yet still Enjoy your Food.
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Carrot sticks and hummus or greek yogurt and fruit and for something really sweet frozen berries warmed in the microwave topped with a dollop of light whipped cream :). Hummus has so many different varieties so I can have a great variety of savory throughout the week and don't get bored, same with greek yogurt :).
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I like Chex Mix. I never get tired of it. I only buy it when I find it at Costco or I'd eat it just about everyday.
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My favorite oddly enough is cucumbers. I love raw vegetables but for 2 years I couldn't eat them because of a stomach/pancreas problem. Now I can eat them; so cukes, celery and an apple are my go to snack!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own trail mix for a snack at work:
    -1/4 cup cashews
    -1/4 cup raisins
    -1/4 cup sunflower kernals