1/2 cup sliced carrots
1/4 cup zucchini
1 can artichoke hearts
12 oz sour cream
1/2 parmesan cheese
1 cup monterey jack cheese
2 tablespoon cornstarch
3 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic ( you can use powdered or fresh)
pinch of turmeric
1 deep dish pie crust (or you can use one sheet of puff pastry dough..just flour it a bit and roll it out)

in a saute pan add oil, garlic and all the veggies cook them for about 10 minutes (til tender)

in a large bowl add all the other ingredients and blend them up, when veggies are ready let them cool just a bit and then fold them into the bowl. pour into the pie crust and bake 400 deg. for 40 minutes. let it cool for about 20 minutes and you're done.

Vegetable and cheese stuffed strudel

1 roll out of a two roll pack of puff pastry (pepperidge farm) thawed
1 egg
1 tbs water
2 tbs olive oil
2 small bell peppers ( any color)
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup zucchini
1 medium sweet onion
1/2 tsp minced garlic
4 ounces mozzarella cheese
1 tsp crushed basil

use oil and cook all veggies (add mushrooms last as they cook fast)
cook til tender (let cool to room temp)

flour the puff pastry both sides and on a lightly floured surface roll out pastry.

layer cheese with the veggies and roll the puff pastry (like in the pic) whip the egg and water and brush the pastry with the egg mixture. bake 400 deg for 25 minutes. let cool for 10 minutes and it's ready to eat.

Potato and dill pie

1 sheet of puff pastry
3 tbs olive oil
1 very large onion
4 cups thawed frozen hash browns
3 eggs
2 cups shredded swiss cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill weed. ( you can use the dried...I do)
if you want completely vegan you can substitute the cheese with tofu and get the fake egg mix (like egg beaters only vegan).

Cook all the veggies til tender
in a bowl mix the sour cream, cheese, eggs and dill. when veggies are tender fold and mix into bowl.

flour puff pastry both sides and roll out a bit. grease and flour a pie pan and then mold the pastry into the pan. pour the veggie mixture into the pastry and bake 375 for 40 minutes. let cool 10 minutes and you're ready to eat.

you can substitute any veggies in these recipes. it doesn't change them.

Roasted tomato and onion tart ( you can add tomato sauce and make them like mini pizza's too)

2 tbs olive oil
1 large sweet onion
8 plum tomatoes cut in 1/2 length wise
1 puff pastry sheet
2 tbs dijon mustard
1 cup shredded mozzarella 1 tbs chopped oregano

400 degree oven
toss onions and tomatoes with olive oil lay out in an oiled cookie sheet and roast for 25 minutes remove the onions and roast the tomatoes for 20 more minutes ( i think you can buy roasted tomatoes, but I get bored so this doesn't bother me)
remove the tomatoes and let all cool

flour the puff pastry and roll out place on an oiled baking sheet and spread the mustard, sprinkle with cheese, add the veggies and sprinkle with more cheese.

bake for 15 minutes (until done) let cool and eat.

Replies