Not new, but I lost my focus.

Options
Hi, my name is Ruben.... I joined MFP a few years back, I lost a lot of weight and fast, it was great. But due some personal issues, I lost track and gain the weight back, plus a few pounds.... I am starting all over again, I am searching for a support group, let motivate each other.... Add me as a friend and let's lose the weight together.

Replies

• sarahgip
    Options
    you can add me if you want...
  • copelvb
    Options
    Welcome back Ruben! No worries! You can add me. The one thing to do right now is not think of lost progress, this is day one. Yesteryear's weighloss and gain no longer exhists, just look ahead and continue to step forward.
  • katepoetchan
    Options
    Welcome back!! I just got back on too after quite a bit of time away.
    Kate
  • debbiejojo
    Options
    Been there, done that! What's most important is you're back. I'm back into it about 45 days. What a difference 45 days has made already. You'll do it too!! Add me for support!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi, it is great that you came back anyone can add me we need all the support we can get on this long journey
  • maritimemom
    Options
    My story is very similar to yours! I gained it all back and a bit more too. I started again Jan 1, 2013 and I've lost 20lbs so far. Add me if you'd like! I'd love more support too and love to offer support too! :)
  • Boringdoug
    Boringdoug Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey Ruben. That sounds very similar to my story. I lost about 70 pounds a couple of years ago and gained it all back, with a bonus 20 pounds or so. I am in it for the long haul this time, taking it slow and sustainable. Add me if you want. (that goes for anyone, I like supportive friends.)
  • shirleygra
    shirleygra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've done that too with big weight losses on various diets. Stopped 10 yrs ago after last loss and tho it was good to give up dieting and only put it on slowly rather than the yoyo circle, its good to start losing again. Just remember the hardest bit is just before u start, that fear of hunger. It gets easier because your stomach shrinks, you are listening to you body's real hunger, and MFP weeds out the hidden calories. You probably know all this but just need a reminder. Remember when you did it before - once you started, you wondered why you thought it would be so hard. I like to keep eye on the weekly calorie total so i don't feel guilty about occasional off days which i havent had yet, but will - celebrations etc.. This time when i lose it, i will use MFP to help me maintain and look after my nutrition. Most importantly i will use it to keep me listening to my body's hunger signals instead of ignoring signs of satisfaction as a matter of habit. Good luck. Your picture of you both together looks good and will be fantastic.

I have found knowing my BMR useful. http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I accept all of my fitness pal friend requests :)
  • fudie
    fudie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i am not new but i am looking for more friends! you cant have enough support and encouragement! im on daily and i want to help everyone and looking for a bit of a nudge myself, anyone reading this please add me!