Opinions on Aldi?

Options

Replies

• delaney056
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the responses! I will definitely check them out.
  • mprat210
    mprat210 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Aldi's is great! We shop there all the time. You can't beat their prices on produce. Sometime I find whole pineapples for .99 when our local grocery store is selling them for $3.99. The same for cantalopes. I really like the Fit and Active Mozzarella sticks and Sandwich Skinnys too.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ALDI'S THIER BREADS ARE EXCELLENT, THEY HAVE GREAT PROTIEN BAR AND THE FIT ACTIVE BRANDS ARE GREAT. THEY HAVE GREAT PRICES ON FRUITS AND THEIR MEATS ARE GREAT AND FRESH !
    except for the horsemeat product
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Europe + discount market = horsemeat according to the media lately!
  • NomNomMom
    NomNomMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I L♥VE Aldi! Even got my HRM/pedometer watch there. Their dark chocolate is especially wonderful & CHEAP! So many interesting & different foods that I might not find at other stores, BUT they might only carry something there for a few weeks and then it's gone for a while. Sells certain items seasonally so get items that you really want when you can.
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You can stock up on fresh fruits and veggies for really cheap. Especially when the items are in season, they have the best prices in town. They have their own brand of "healthy" foods that are pretty good. They are hit and miss with specialty items and I find myself sometimes getting all but 1 or 2 things from my list at Aldi and then having to go to another store to get the rest. No biggie, just my experience.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    <3 aldi!
  • supergirljen
    Options
    If you buy something and don't like it for any reason, they have a double money back quarantee. They dont ask questions!
    Here is a website with prices. http://www.pocketyourdollars.com/category/lists-with-coupon-match-ups/aldi-weekly-deals/
  • tryingvegan
    tryingvegan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    We don't have Aldi's in Central Texas. I wish we did!
  • supergirljen
    Options
    I L♥VE Aldi! Even got my HRM/pedometer watch there. Their dark chocolate is especially wonderful & CHEAP! So many interesting & different foods that I might not find at other stores, BUT they might only carry something there for a few weeks and then it's gone for a while. Sells certain items seasonally so get items that you really want when you can.

I was going to pick up one of those HRM there....how is it? I wasnt sure since it is an off brand.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Absolutely well worth the effort! I wish we had one closer, but occasionally I go to the one across town.
  • BettyIW
    BettyIW Posts: 103
    Options
    Great prices, but I find that I have to eat the produce I buy there rather quickly, or it'll go bad fast.

I too find this to be true. So I use the produce up quickly when I shop at Aldi's. My husband has a German background so we do like purchasing some of their German foods. Scrumptious!

The new thing for me when going to Aldi's for the first time, was putting a quarter in the slot to get a shopping cart. Of course you get your quarter back when you return the shopping cart to its designated place.

One does get much more for their money at Aldi's. However, often times I can't buy what I need so sometimes I just go to a super walmart and purchase everything at one given spot.
  • JenLaPointe
    Options
    LOVE Aldi, I go there 1-2 times per week. Great place for fresh produce!!!!
  • never124get
    Options
    There are hits-and-misses for sure, but I find the majority of what they have to offer to be really quite comparable to the major brands.

^This basically, worth checking out, I started shopping there needing to save money and I usually spend about a third of what I would normally spend at a regular grocery store. And it's significantly less crowded than a normal grocery. I hate Walmart and only go there if I really really have to lol.
  • luvmynook
    luvmynook Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    love Aldi's.........especially the produce! Just make sure you use the produce quite quickly because it doesn't last that long!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I like Aldi. I mostly shop there for their fruit and some snack foods or freezer items, such as chicken breast, tilapia, nuts, etc. Last week they had a 3lb bag of oranges on sale for like $1.50 (sweetest oranges i've ever tasted, btw) and grape tomatoes on sale for $.99. While it's true that you can't buy everything there, it's definitely a great store to get some items for alot cheaper than the bigger chain stores
  • NomNomMom
    NomNomMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I was going to pick up one of those HRM there....how is it? I wasnt sure since it is an off brand.

Seems to be working great...although I don't have any real previous experience with having one before but I really like it so far. The pedometer is very accurate and I would think that everything is working pretty well also.

I also bought my digital food scale there and love it. Got it for 1/2 price when they were just trying to sell the last few of them. I get alot of things on there "reduced" rack. Great deals!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I live in Wisconsin USA and love to shop at Aldis. Of course they don't have everything but I try to get there what I can. It is alot cheaper and saves me money on my grocery bill. Eating healthy does cost more so i try to get what I can there. They also have their own brands of things like the Happy Cow cheese.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was converted to Aldi by a friend who used to shop there, by seeing the quality of the food.

Some things are hit and miss - don't try their ready meals except for the fresh pasta, IMO. The cheese selection is really good and they do bottles of sundried tomatoes etc really cheap, nice quality.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    LOVED Aldi when I lived in Germany.

I haven't been in one in the US yet. Trader Joe's is owned by Aldi too, and I shop there.