45 lbs and counting down -- I hope!

Options
At age 54, I find that I have gained 45 lbs over the last two years!!! It came on so fast, in 10 lb increments, that I felt shell-shocked and sure it would just fade away. Of course, it didn't and I have been depressed and ashamed. It's my daughter who invited me to join, so I am getting motivation from her efforts. I just joined at 11:15pm tonight, so I guess I really start tomorrow. Please wish me luck. I am feeling quite desperate.

KatsMom

Replies

• psaini
    psaini Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, You just found the right place.
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the My fitness Pal site. It is truly a wonderful:flowerforyou: site with lots of encouragement, and motivation. I love it. I hope that you enjoy it and find it as helpful as I did. Welcome Aboard!!!!!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Katsmom,
    Chin up! This is a wonderful site and you're going to find a new you inside there. No more shame!

I'm not quite a veteran, yet, but I've had some amazing inspirational aha reads at this place....
    I have had some amazing successes with the support I've found here...you're in the right place...give your daughter a big hug:happy:

If you need an MFPal, friend me and we'll do this together:flowerforyou:
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome home to MFP!!! This is a wonderful place and I truly wish you success!!!
  • Suzieqgirl
    Suzieqgirl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello Kate,

Good to have you with us! I am in my late 50's! I started about five weeks ago and love this place. I have lost around 13 lbs and I love getting in clothes that I have not been in for a long time. I feel better too! You can do it! Just don't set to high of a goal to reach at first. I have a lot of weight to lose but will be doing it in two difference goals. My first goal is to lose 25 lbs. Once I get there, I'm going to set another goal for 25 lbs. That way it does not seem as hard to do. I wish you lots of success. Be sure to get rid of all the bad food in the house that you should not be eating. Restocking with healthy foods will help you to stay on the right path to weight lost. Always remember, you can do this! Just take it one day at a time.

P.S. Add me as your friend if you like. If we all pull together as we go down this road, it will become must easier. We all have to stick together on this weigh lost thing. I have declared that Fat is not going to win!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It's funny how it can sneak up on you, isn't it? You can lose the weight, and this site is a valuable tool to help you. Add me as a friend if you like, and we can support each other!
  • DanielMiller
    Options
    Welcome aboard ...I know you will do it!
  • katesmom
    katesmom Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi and a million thanks for writing. Your idea of breaking down the goals into smaller, less overwhelming steps strikes me as very smart! I have lost 4 lbs but then I have not exercised. I live in South Florida. It's now the Hurricane Season (Jun 1 thru Nov 30), and our weather will be virtually unchanging: 90+ with 99% humidity every day, with lows of 78 during our humid nights. Even with our air blasting, I sweat through my clothes in minutes just doing simple weights! But I am trying to get beyond the ICK factor and the 4 changes of clothing per day, the massive amount of laundry, etc etc. I know that exercise made all the difference for me the last time I lost 40 lbs. I am so looking forward to that glorious experience when you slip on a pair of jeans you haven't fit into in years. And they slide up your thighs with no hitch, cup your bottom snugly and fasten without cutting your waistline in half. All my lovely clothes seem unrelated to me: size 6, 8, 10, 12 are distant memories. I realized I was busting out of size 14 and I knew at that moment I HAD TO STOP. But it is hard and I am always tired.

Again, thank you so very much for writing. I was stunned to read 9 replies to my post. What a nice feeling!