Looking for friends to keep me going!

Options
julialee
julialee Posts: 15 Member
Hi everyone! I found myfitnesspal today, which was recommended on another website.

I would love to lose some weight and look better, but my real goal is to build my strength, stamina, and agility. I've been a couch potato for the last year and a half due to some health issues, and I'm ready to take my life back! I'm 28 and work with children with special needs, so I need lots of energy!

I'm working on my exercise plan, I've joined a gym and will start with a personal trainer soon. I'm also going to try the "Couch to 5k" program. Here is a link if anyone is interested: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I'm looking for some friends to help me stay motivated and keep me accountable, so I hope we can have fun and get healthy together!

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbie!
    You're starting in the right place...good going with the trainer & keep posting, it works!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    First, great nickname. That a shout out to 311?

Good luck with the C25K. A lot of people on here do it. I have been trying to do something similar but have been having bad shin pains so have to take it slower than I want. But this is a great site!
  • mhxander25
    mhxander25 Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome to MFP this site is awesome it really keep you in check with what your eating and what you are doing for excercise. I think this site is like an awesome book you just cant put it down, and everyone on this site is encouraging and we will all make each other accountable towards our goal. I hope you learn to love as the rest of us all have.
  • monmcb
    monmcb Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm so envious of you. Special needs kids are such a special gift. I think its great what you do. I'd love to do the C25K with ya! Ive been meaning to start it, and its been two weeks and still haven't tried yet. Now is as good a time as any. I'm in!