frustrated!

Options
So about three weeks ago I posted a topic about not losing weight. Well, it was a disaster to say the least. I was told to up my caloric intake and so I did. Now I've gained two pounds. Not a very happy camper over here. I only raised my cals to 1750 a day, and i still exercise doing cardio and some strength 5 days a week.

I just hate feeling frustrated, this is what makes me want to quit trying to lose.....but somehow I know I have to make it to where I'm seeing results again.

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Often people who up their calories gain weight for a few weeks then start loosing again. Give it a couple more weeks (4-6 weeks total at a higher intake). If nothing changes and you're staying the same or gaining slightly still, reassess. The calculators are estimates, so you may need to increase or decrease by 100 calories or so. You also need to be honest with how you are measuring and logging.
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It's been a week! And two pounds is not a disaster

Patience :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Often people who up their calories gain weight for a few weeks then start loosing again. Give it a couple more weeks (4-6 weeks total at a higher intake). If nothing changes and you're staying the same or gaining slightly still, reassess. The calculators are estimates, so you may need to increase or decrease by 100 calories or so. You also need to be honest with how you are measuring and logging.

Ditto all of this, especially the measuring and logging accurately. If not, the numbers mean nothing. I plateaued because I was eating too little. After I upped my calories, I gained a pound or two and then the weight started dropping again. That whole process took about a month, maybe more.

You are going to need patience to make it through the long haul. You will figure this out, start losing again, and then another road block may be thrown your way. Very few people make it from beginning to end losing weight without encountering some sort of stall. Every time it happens, you will need to look at what you are doing and reassess. It is all part of the process and also why many people don't make it to the finish line. I know it is frustrating but you will get through it and start losing again!
  • Brooks088
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I have felt the same way! I will want to throw in the towel and give up. Then I remember how awful I felt at my highest weight and while maybe I lost zero weight that week--I OVERALL feel better....movements are easier...tying shoes is easier...bending is easier....sometimes we have to take those "little accomplishments" and keep plugging along! Usually when I am at the breaking point in frustration--a few days later all of a sudden I will lose 2 or 3 pounds and I am relieved and it pushes me to continue...don't give up!
  • Nulookdotbody
    Nulookdotbody Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You have some great suggestions. I would switch up your exercise a little. I had to do this a couple of times.
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It's not rocket science for Pete's Sake:ohwell: . It looks like you have had SOME success. (Congrats on the 21lb loss). Just play with your numbers until you are losing again. Adjust up, give it time. If that doesn't work, slowly adjust down. It's all about calories in unless you have something medically wrong. Good Luck! And please don't give up!