NSV--Couch to 5K complete

Options
2»

Replies

• JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I completed C25K in April of 2012, and have ran in multiple 5K's, 10K's and 2 half-mary's! Just keep increasing from where your at and you will do amazing things you never thought you could do! You're an inspiration!
  • never124get
    Options
    That's fantastic! I am actually starting tomorrow! It will be my very first day..I'm pretty excited I want to finally be able to run and enjoy myself doing it.
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Nice!! I just started week 7 I am almost there!!
  • Flagirlof3
    Options
    Congrats on finishing!! I did the program 3 years ago.
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    that is great - you should definitely be proud!!! I'm on week 5 and can't wait to say I've graduated!!
  • CarrieBeck29
    CarrieBeck29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I recently downloaded this app, so it's great to hear a success story! I'm going to start in a few days and I'm so nervous that I won't be able to do it. Very happy to see you accomplished it. I too want to enjoy running so thanks for this post! And congratulations!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Geez, I read this thread and start looking up local races. I haven't even tried the program yet.
  • coralietg
    coralietg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started C25K in July 2012. I repeated most weeks twice, to give my body more time to adjust. I started at 250lbs. I remember stalling so many times before the 20 minute run, lol. I've since completed four 5K races, and my longest run is over 4 miles. Been a long, but rewarding journey!

Good luck to those working on it, or starting. Congrats to those finishing!
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    that's so great! good for you
  • Scott15Fit
    Options
    Way to go! You should be proud! :smile: I tried it a couple of years ago, but didn't finish. Starting again, in a couple of weeks.

Perhaps you might want to consider doing a stretching and strengthening program for 2-4 weeks before you start your C25K program. Also it's a basic assumption that you can walk for 30mins x3 per week without pain.

Strength training:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_plan_generator_details.asp?id=233
    Stretching:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1565

Edit: Oh and grats to the op on the great achievement
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am starting the c25k program tonight, i am signing up for the color run in NJ on 8/31
    so excited! i can't run for longer than a minute right now, so i am really hoping this will work for me!
  • mimiyo1980
    mimiyo1980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well done and thanks for the inspiration! I'm on week 1 day 3...looking forward to being where you are and moving on to the 10k!
  • 1jobean
    Options
    Great job! I think Ill check into it, sounds like fun.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!