NZ Nightshift

Options
HI i am looking for anyone from NZ that works nightshift and seeing if there is anyone out there like me that does these crazy hours and trying to lose weight :)

Replies

• toasmallerme
    Options
    Hi Mytman. I work nights in a hospital (real graveyard shift) and have been on MFP since mid Jan but changed my lifestyle just before Christmas. I only work 4 nights a week though so not full time although I do have 3 kids to tend to as well. I found that eating at night was the hardest for me to give up as I had a massive sugar addiction after using it for years (like 18) to manage depression. I not take a prepared snack of crackers, cottage cheese and tomato. Found it also helps drinking green tea. The sleep patterns make it real hard to stay away from the instant fix high energy foods but I have not fallen off the wagon yet so fingers crossed. I have lost under half of the weight I want to loose so enlisted 2 members of my family to take the journey with me. It was nice to finally be fitter than someone. LOL.
  • mytman
    mytman Posts: 218
    Options
    awesome which hospital do you work at I also work in a hospital as security in Nelson and yeah I find the sleeping ok but it is the eating that getts me but like you I am managing to stay away from the quick fixes so we can message back and forth on night shift if u get the chance do u know any others that work nights
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hr rotating shifts it can get tuff eating well. Im going to friend you lets do this.
  • mytman
    mytman Posts: 218
    Options
    I agree let get this done :)
  • toasmallerme
    Options
    Hi mytman. I work in a hospital/resthome on the Coromandel Peninsula. I do alot of kitchen prep at night so constantly in contact with food and yummy food at that. In our facility its all home cooked meals and home baking. Mmmm cooking caramel self-saucing pudding at 3am is not helping. But so far I have been able to resist temptation. I do find chewing gum really helpful and background music. I have a step machine that I take to work at night that I can hop on for 10-15 min at a time at quite times. I am constantly transfering people and turning them so not idle sitting very much.