trying to righten my course

Options
seven months ago I did an Ironman triathlon, my 7th of such distance. Things have changed in my life and also inside. I'm really struggling with my weight, to the tune of 30 lbs. If the weight wasn't bad enough, I just feel terrible. I feel embarrassed, I'm ashamed, I'm sad, and I just don't know how to stop this spiral. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I've been trying for about 2 months to get started but it's been one step forward 2 steps back...
I'm going to start over tonight. I'm going to make healthy choices when I eat. I'm going to workout. I'm going to start feeling better.

I feel silly writing this down, but I'm hoping this will help motivate me and keep me accountable. I would like to race again in late summer but right now I just feel so far away from being able to do that.

here we go...

Replies

• supah_
    supah_ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Please don't be so rough on yourself. Life happens and it's natural to go in cycles.
    if you're beating yourself up for mistakes, it's not going to help anyone - but since you're figuring out what happened and doing something about it - you're in a great place.
    Any trajectory towards where you want to be is positive!
  • supah_
    supah_ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I pretty much hated myself for becoming so heavy. I managed to avoid knowing my weight for the last few years and I'm paying for it now. All I can do is work on it. It's time. I can't do anything to make myself taller or shorter or cure my chronic illness, but I can do something about my weight. So here i am.
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Agreed - please don't be hard on yourself. Love yourself :) It's okay and you're right where you need to be. Welcome! :D Please feel free to add me so we can be friends and motivate each other!
  • skurosad
    skurosad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I know the feeling. I got into a rut out of the blue, and suddenly lost interesdt in almost everything. I went to a Doctor and told him what had happened, and he got me to "peel the onion", and I discovered my problem. Maybe try talking to someone to see if anything might have triggered your problem. Good luck!
  • patuleko
    Options
    Hello,
    I know the feeling. I got into a rut out of the blue, and suddenly lost interesdt in almost everything. I went to a Doctor and told him what had happened, and he got me to "peel the onion", and I discovered my problem. Maybe try talking to someone to see if anything might have triggered your problem. Good luck!
    Thanks. I think you're right.