Starting to become a little obsessive

Options
I have only started my weight loss journey about a week ago but I have to admit that I am becoming a little obsessive about it. I am reading the nutrition facts on everything, I log on to here and r/loseit a few times a day to read stories and forums to motivate myself, and I am eating super healthy. I am actually liking this whole weight loss thing this time. IN the past I have given up many times but I am really hoping I am in it for the long haul and that this obsessiveness sticks around. IS anyone else a little bit obsessed or am I just crazy??

Replies

• Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I drive my family crazy with how obsessive I am about weighing and measuring the food.
    And with how many questions I ask when we go out to eat.

We eat very very little processed food so I do not have to worry about labels.
    Other than the frozen fish :)
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This was definitely me last month when I first started lol. I'm still fully into it but my obsession has eased up some lol.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. Jumped right in. I am obsessed. It works for me.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It will probably die off a little after a while, so starting out in full obsession mode is good, imo. Keep the fire going!
  • graciesmomma0209
    graciesmomma0209 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am even starting to weigh out and measure my husbands food he doesn't seem to mind much since he is wanting to lose a few pounds also. I am just really enjoying it. I am also really into looking up new healthy recipes to make for my family. They are enjoying trying new things as well.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    That is awesome that your family is enjoying it! What a blessing :) lots of women on here have trouble getting the rest of the family exciting, so that's wonderful to hear!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I tend to have two modes of interest.. some degree of obsessed or not at all. So I view my obsession as a positive :)
  • katmariew
    katmariew Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    As long as the obsession is with HEALTHY eating then I see no problem! Follow your plan, eat enough (but not too many/too little) calories, and get some exercise every day. Be obsessed about this and you will be wonderful!!!
  • graciesmomma0209
    Options
    That is awesome that your family is enjoying it! What a blessing :) lots of women on here have trouble getting the rest of the family exciting, so that's wonderful to hear!

My husband is being amazing with all this. He is super supportive of me. My daughter is 5 so she doesn't really care either way lol. I am very blessed to have such a great support system from my husband though.
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    I think it's good to be obsessed and interested in learning about it. People who are obsessed tend to stick with it longer and probably have better results. If you're one foot in, one foot out, it's a lot easier to fall off the bandwagon. The reason I'm saying this is because I've tried MFP 3 or 4 times before and fell out of the habit of using it. I say it's good to obsess and learn about - it's supposed to be a lifestyle change, right?
  • pebblesshanley
    Options
    I understand!! I started MFP in the past and would lose interest and then would start again and would lose.... you get the idea. Then something happened and I started logging daily and found it pretty awesome. I think it had a lot to do with my friends also logging and it was fun to encourage them and view their diaries. Now I log my food as I'm eating it, check the nutritional content and try to stay within my nutritional goals for future meals. I just started checking posts and stuff, but I do add to my diary multiple times a day! Good luck with the weight loss, keep up the good work (and logging!).

12475991.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • graciesmomma0209
    Options
    As long as the obsession is with HEALTHY eating then I see no problem! Follow your plan, eat enough (but not too many/too little) calories, and get some exercise every day. Be obsessed about this and you will be wonderful!!!

Oh definitely I am staying right at my calorie goal and I am very rarely hungry in between meals. I found all sorts of low calorie things to satisfy cravings and keep me full throughout the day. I definitely want to do this the healthy way.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't gone away, I've been doing this since 2009. (Not all here on MFP, but still.) The six months I lost track while I was feeling sorry for myself because of some personal health issues and stopped tracking are the only time in that period I've gained. I weigh, measure, check MFP's data against labels, all that stuff.

My new obsession in my Polar F11 heart rate monitor. I keep tyring to discover and record how many calories I'm burning, if I burn more or less during different times of the day, how far off the treadmill is, the elliptical is, the rowing machine is, MFP is, is it different if I'm doing core work or arms or legs while weightlifting or...well, yeah, obsessed.

It's weird to live in my head.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Obsession is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated. I'm dedicated to not being a fat slob anymore, are you?
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    <
    Obsessed with mfp and weight loss since 5/2011. Life in general is much better this way!!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Obsessed for 1024 days :)
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Obsessed for 1024 days :)

GREAT JOB! Such a wonderful accomplishment... congrats!
  • SaraB313
    Options
    i am super obsessed! i log on the app everyday everything i eat and drink. I read nutritional facts on everything too. I've given up before but have been in this mindset for awhile and sticking to it for good. Once i started to see the weight dropping off and the clothes finally fitting, im definitely never going back! Good luck and feel free to add :)
  • chaaalgeo
    Options
    every one laughs at measuring and weighing everything even my take outs lol.
  • candirose69
    Options
    I think everyone gets like that with a new thing :) then you start talking about it ALL the time and start annoying your work collegues and husband (or maybe that was just me lol).

After about6-8 months into this and having an 8 week plataeu I decided i needed a week off to stop myself going on some crazy low cal diet from being so frustrated of my lack of progress!!!

So i've had a very self indulgent week, made myself feel very ill on chocolate and cheeseburgers and am now back to being obsessed, i think i just spent the last 3 hours on nutrition, recipe and fitness websites XD