What are your healthy meals and snacks??

Options
So I can honestly state I have this exercise thing down! However my diet is a completely different story:-/! They say our body is 70% diet and 30% exercise...well I need to get that 70% part under control!! I am in need of healthy meal and snack ideas. So share with me what healthy meals and snacks have helped you sucessfully battle this weight lose journey???

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com

go there.. TONS of GREAT YUMMY IDEAS!

Also.. my diary is open I eat pretty well.. most days.. just ignore Saturday. LOL

I just cook from scratch and eat a lot of whole fresh foods.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    My diary is open.
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow great website! Thanks for sharing confuzzled!!!
  • smiling_sushi
    smiling_sushi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For meals, I second skinnytaste.com, and I'll add that LaaLoosh.com has some great recipes as well. I've tried quite a variety of recipes from both of those sites and so far only had one or two that I wasn't really fond of.

I'm pretty simple when it comes to snacks, but I generally lean towards things that have protein in them, since protein keeps me fuller longer. I like cottage cheese with various things mixed in (I've been doing Craisins a lot recently), apple slices with natural peanut butter, hard boiled eggs, and nuts.
  • EmiBun
    EmiBun Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My diary is open as well, but about 3/5 of it is exchanges and quick calories so I can get away from cal counting!

But I snack quite often and I find that pistachios are a good go to(as well as other nuts), I love cheerios :), I also love all kinds of fruits, Mini pops(popped sorghum), and veggie chips(real deal).
    I am truly addicted to carrots and red peppers as well
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    emilybites.com is another great site and so is hungrygirl.com
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The secret is be prepared!!! then you won't grab crap.
    I make big bowls of mixed salad, or make big suppers so I always have leftovers in the fridge. I prefer a small portion of leftovers as a snack.

My morning snack is always an apple.
    I drink alot of tea throughout the day - I like chai tea with milk.
    A fast healthy snack is a bowl full of quinoa with a dab of butter or olive oil and some salt and pepper. I always have some cooked quinoa in the fridge.
    Millet with butter and salt is delicious, it tastes like popcorn.
    I make homemade brownies with sweet potato in them, only 100 calories a piece.
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    People have already mentioned a few good websites that feature healthy recipes. Pinterest is another way to find and keep track of recipes.

I'm not always so great in the healthy meal department, but I do eat a lot of healthy snacks such as granola, mixed seeds, nuts, and dried fruit, steamed/roasted vegetables (as in, steamed carrot sticks, sweet potato fries, steamed/roasted broccoli), organic yogurt, and fresh fruit.
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I make big bowls of mixed salad, or make big suppers so I always have leftovers in the fridge. I prefer a small portion of leftovers as a snack.

A fast healthy snack is a bowl full of quinoa with a dab of butter or olive oil and some salt and pepper. I always have some cooked quinoa in the fridge.

I'm interested in those brownies. They sound really good! Mind sharing the recipe?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I am completely addicted to Blue Diamond Cocoa Roasted Almonds! They are so awesome. I have to portion them out so I don't eat the whole bad tho. I measure out an ounce and then snack on them thruout the day.

I also love many of the Atkins bars. They satisfy my sweet tooth, while helping me get my protein and healthy fats in.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I am completely addicted to Blue Diamond Cocoa Roasted Almonds! They are so awesome. I have to portion them out so I don't eat the whole bad tho. I measure out an ounce and then snack on them thruout the day.

I also love many of the Atkins bars. They satisfy my sweet tooth, while helping me get my protein and healthy fats in.

Nuts are good.. but read the labels.. a lot of those kinds have added sugars and salts and other things.. If that's not something you're worried about then no problem, but if you watching sugar or salt, they might be a no go. I eat nuts right out of the shells. I think they taste better in their natural form anyway. Make sure you check the labels of protein bars. Some are not as healthy as they claim to be.
  • browneyes97
    Options
    My go to snacks are almonds, cheerios and fruit (pears, apples and my new fave- mango; or whatever fruit is in season). I do love pretzels so I will eat them in moderation. And hummus, I LOVE hummus. It goes well with veggies and chips.

Meal wise I eat grilled chicken with some veggies- usually peas or green beans. But really, any lean meat and veggie will do. Just remember corn is a grain, not a veggie.

One of my go to meals is sauteeing lean ground turkey with zuccini, add in some tomato paste and some cut up fresh tomatoes plus seasoning- what ever you have on hand, garlic, italian seasoning...ect. It's delish and low in calories.
  • ltowns11
    Options
    My go to snacks are almonds, cheerios and fruit (pears, apples and my new fave- mango; or whatever fruit is in season). I do love pretzels so I will eat them in moderation. And hummus, I LOVE hummus. It goes well with veggies and chips.

Meal wise I eat grilled chicken with some veggies- usually peas or green beans. But really, any lean meat and veggie will do. Just remember corn is a grain, not a veggie.

One of my go to meals is sauteeing lean ground turkey with zuccini, add in some tomato paste and some cut up fresh tomatoes plus seasoning- what ever you have on hand, garlic, italian seasoning...ect. It's delish and low in calories.

Oh boy that sounds yummy & very easy thank you!
  • jennyclinn
    Options
    1 C Fage plain yogurt with 2 TBS honey
  • ltowns11
    Options

You are so right...have to be prepared!! I totally fail in that area! Gosh I have to get this together:- /!
  • ltowns11
    Options
    Thank you guys for all these great ideas!! I will get this under control!!!