Do you believe in weight loss teas?

Options
I've been stuck at my current weight for a few weeks now (aah!) and I tried lowering my calories by 100 and increasing my exercise. I feel like a weight loss tea (The Republic of Tea's 'Get Lost') world help. Do you have any experience with them? Can I sweeten them ?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at my current weight for a few weeks now (aah!) and I tried lowering my calories by 100 and increasing my exercise. I feel like a weight loss tea (The Republic of Tea's 'Get Lost') world help. Do you have any experience with them? Can I sweeten them ?

I'm not aware of any credible evidence that a weight loss tea will cause you to start losing weight. Sounds gimmicky to me and I'd probably avoid it.

EDIT: I just googled it. Apparently the main mechanism to support weight loss is appetite suppressant. Since you're already tracking calories and you already know your intake, I don't think a suppressant is going to help you. It might make you feel fuller at your current intake, but since your intake will presumably stay the same this tea is not going to do anything to cause weight loss. (And additionally one would have to question if it's even effective as a suppressant).
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    If you increased exercise and reduced your calories, and you're still stuck, you may not be eating enough. Check your TDEE and see that your deficit isn't more than 20%. If your numbers seem good, maybe try eating at TDEE for a week and then resuming your cut.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

I'm not aware of any credible evidence that a weight loss tea will cause you to start losing weight. Sounds gimmicky to me and I'd probably avoid it.

EDIT: I just googled it. Apparently the main mechanism to support weight loss is appetite suppressant. Since you're already tracking calories and you already know your intake, I don't think a suppressant is going to help you. It might make you feel fuller at your current intake, but since your intake will presumably stay the same this tea is not going to do anything to cause weight loss. (And additionally one would have to question if it's even effective as a suppressant).

I tried "weight loss" teas once upon a time and found them to be no more effective than water as far as suppressing my appetite. If I hadn't had enough to drink, the tea helped me to not be hungry. If I was legitimately hungry, I still wanted to eat.
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    One question- DO they cause anal leakage?