Aussie girl Here!

Hi All,

Well i guess you all know why i am here.... i want to change my life! A friend has put me onto this site and so far i am loving it! I really should tell you a bit about myself so here goes!

Im 32 yr old single working mum of 3 children aged 11-4. I have always struggled with my weight even at a young age. The teasing at school etc lead me to believe i was fat and ugly with no hope so ofcourse i just continued on my unhealthly life style. 3 years ago at my heaviest weight (130kg roughly) my partner of 10 years decided to cheat for the last time,,,, it ended our relationship and i suddenly found myself wondering who the hell am i? After the break up without any help or excerise for that matter i dropped down to 105 kilos, gained major self confidence and also a new partner, We were together for 17 months and during that time my weight increased again to 111kg. We broke up late last year and i finally decided to make ME happy for a change instead of other people.

Two weeks ago i joined the gym and have gone 6 out of 7 days. I generally do 30-40 minutes cardio and then strength training. So far i have seen no lose what so ever which is really disheartening, i know my diet hasnt been great but i thought i would atleast be seeing something by now! BUT i am going to keep at it. Although i havent seen any change the way i feel when im at the gym i couldnt give up now... it makes me feel empowered and that i have control over atleast one aspect of my life! I want to get my self confidence back! i want to look in the mirror and start liking what i see again!

Would love to meet new people on here that could support me through this journey and offer advice and tips! Please feel free to contact me!

Replies

• styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    G'day from a fellow Aussie. Well done for making the decision to do this for you! Oh, and by they way - if you're feeling empowered at the gym then you already definately on the way to unleashing your self confidance. Good luck (not that I think you'll need it).

Feel free to add me if you want, I'm always around.
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    In Melbourne, add me if you like :)
  • Feel free to add me.
    Scott from Melbourne
  • Feel free to add me. I'm a mum near Newcastle nsw
  • trina1704
    trina1704 Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks for the offer of support everyone! I really appreciate it!