Anyone using a Fitbit or Calorie tracker???

Options
Wondering if anyone is using the Fitbit or any other calorie tracker and what your thoughts are on them? I'm looking into gettting the new Fitbit(wristband) that comes out this spring for more accurate calorie tracking... Thanks :):smile:

Replies

• EmJBarnes75
    Options
    bump*
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this as well.....
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I just bought the fitbit one ( I have had it for a week) ..........and I love it such a great motivator
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of getting something too...there was another post earlier so I am looking forward to more input. :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    if you want to count stairs and your sleep ...then fitbit one is the one for you ..... I dont believe the fitbit wristband counts stairs or sleep
  • gaylenef
    gaylenef Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Fitbit One for the last month and I love it! You can check it during the day to see how you're doing with your step count, calories burned and stairs climbed. You can also keep track of your sleep habits and it shows you how many minutes it took to fall asleep, how many times you woke, and how efficient your sleep was. It's been a great help to me in moving towards my weight loss goals!
  • sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip, had it since Xmas. Its great, got me averaging 10,000 steps a day, where I started with 3,000. It's motivating alright.
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i use the fitbit and i love it - i have the ultra. and i like it because i feel it give a more accurate picture of my activity level.
    using this i can set my settings to sedentary and then i get calorie credits for my true activity level for that day - before i had it i had it set to fairly active - but in actuallity some days i am very active, and other days i am really not active at all, so now the amount i can eat each day more clearly reflects that.

i also feel taht it pushes me to move more, many nights when i am getting ready to go to bed and i look at it and see i am fairly close to 10000 steps or another goal i will do a quick workout so i can go to bed having met my goals.
  • ILOVEFWANKWIN
    Options
    Love BodyMedia Fit, its worked well for me, and keeps me in check.
  • NewMsT
    NewMsT Posts: 33
    Options
    I love my Fitbit! I got mine back in August 2012 and haven't looked back. It has motivated me immensely. On a good day I will hit 6500 steps before my work day is done. Then I come home and get to moving so that I can reach my 5 miles per day goal.
    It really has made me focus more on being active throughout the day. I teach and am already moving a lot but now I actively look for ways to earn more steps. Plus, I love competing with my friends to see who has the highest step average. It's great!
  • rkbrailsford
    rkbrailsford Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use the Body Media arm band. It provides useful info (calories burned,steps taken,etc) that synchs up with MFP and is viewable on my cell phone via it's app. I'm happy with it, you can find videos on YouTube to give you a visual of how it works.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed I really only like it for my sleep tracking. But I already knew my activity level. I don't find it that accurate for calories. I wear a heart rate monitor for calorie burn and the fit bit doesn't take heart rate into consideration. I will wake in the am and it shows I've already taken 50 steps. It counts steps while driving. It also counts floors when I haven't done any steps. I don't find the data or feedback any more useful than simply a fun tool to entertain myself with.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Bodymedia Fit is more accurate than the Fitbit.
  • bearforlife0607
    bearforlife0607 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have had the bodymedia link for almost a week and since it was such an investment I did my research because I thought I was dead set on the fitbit one. I went with the link and I am enjoying it a lot. and the research is there to back up the accuracy which was important to me. I suggest going to the bodymedia website and comparing all the different brands and the different options offered by bodymedia. I chose the link since it has an app for keeping up on the go with my crazy work schedule, and you can sync it with your fitness pal account and continue logging your food with a way your comfortable with. Happy choosing, good luck!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    if you want to count stairs and your sleep ...then fitbit one is the one for you ..... I dont believe the fitbit wristband counts stairs or sleep

the wristband counts hours slept and the quality of sleep. also distance, steps, time active, and calories burned. it does not count stairs.

i want one too.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have had the bodymedia link for almost a week and since it was such an investment I did my research because I thought I was dead set on the fitbit one. I went with the link and I am enjoying it a lot. and the research is there to back up the accuracy which was important to me. I suggest going to the bodymedia website and comparing all the different brands and the different options offered by bodymedia. I chose the link since it has an app for keeping up on the go with my crazy work schedule, and you can sync it with your fitness pal account and continue logging your food with a way your comfortable with. Happy choosing, good luck!

If you wanted the smaller Core model you can buy an optional display. There is a new model coming out -the Core 2 which is smaller and links to the app.
  • staplebug
    Options
    I have a zip. It's not completely accurate as far as calories burned (I burn calories doing things when standing but not walking), but it's a great motivator! I didn't really care about the stairs or sleep tracking of the more expensive fitbits. I like seeing my progress throughout the day. It makes me move around more to see those numbers go up!
  • EmJBarnes75
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!! I went with the Fitbit One, I decided against the new fitbit wrist model mainly because it doesn't tell me miles and calories burned at the touch of a button ( would have to check on computer every time I wanted to see my progress... So far I have loved it. Great motivational tool !! Wish they would get it to sync with all Smart phones, not just iPhone and Samsung... but I believe they are working on it :)