Kansas City peeps???

Options
GoodbyeGut
GoodbyeGut Posts: 40 Member
Will be traveling to KC in a couple of months to catch a Royals game. Will have approx a day of leisure to do whatever...question:

What do you consider the ONE kid friendly thing to do/see in KC to get a taste of KC culture?
If you could eat at one, and only one restaurant in KC, where would you go?

I'll be traveling with my 8 yo son so clubbing etc. not an option:-)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, so I can't recommend any of those options. But for food:

Oklahoma Joe's, I promise it is Kansas City's greatest BBQ secret. I recommend the Z-Man sandwich.

Arthur Bryants is also a fantastic BBQ place.
  • KayCollins3
    Options
    KC's zoo is amazing! So is the Crowne Plaza. They have a resturant that delivers your food by little trains. They also just built a LEGO Land and Aquarium.
  • GoodbyeGut
    Options
    we are staying in the Crown Center area, looks promising too.
  • ashfaul2185
    ashfaul2185 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma Joes is a must! They have ice skating near Crowne center and I've heard the aquarium is really neat. Also union station usually has really cool exhibits (they are traveling exhibits so its hit or miss of what might be there)
  • ashfaul2185
    ashfaul2185 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The fries at Oklahoma joes are the best you will ever have!
  • GoodbyeGut
    Options
    bump
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I agree with Oklahoma Joe's (the original spot, it's in a gas station. They have some other places, but the gas station location is the place to go)... HOWEVER. Be prepared to wait. We waited 30mins and moved about... 10 feet. So be prepared to wait. Arthur Bryant's is a great place too.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Union Station inside on the north end has a massive model train exhibit. Lots of fun stuff there. A must see would be the WWI museum. Spectacular and your son would probably enjoy looking at all the weapons, etc.

Los Tules is a great mexican restaurant.

Union Station and WWI exhibit is all right there in the downtown vicinity of where you are staying.
  • qberta72
    Options
    Big T's BBQ. There is a cool creast on 40 Highway by the stadium and it is an arcade and go carts in the warmer monthes.