Older Firm videos

Options
I would like to hear from anyone over 50 that is now using or has used in the past the older Firm videos to lose weight. I feel like they are a very good workout, but am not sure how safe they are to use after age 50. I am 53 and have used them off and on in the past, with some success. I am about 50-60 lbs. overweight, but otherwise in pretty good health. I would appreciate any comments or advice you can give me. Thanks!

Replies

• scoutfinchie
    scoutfinchie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and finishing my second month of The Firm Express this month. I eat 1500-1600 cals/day and have lost 11 lbs since Jan 7 when I started. I am loving the high intensity intervals of the program. I do modify some moves where I feel unbalanced or unsure. I'm not a huge fan of some of the jumping, but it gets my heart rate up. Hope this helps.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and not in the best shape and I still have all of my old Firm videos from the mid-1990's. I haven't had any trouble with any of the moves. I don't have trouble with the jumping as long as I have a sports bra on.
  • Callidreamr
    Callidreamr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and have been using the Firm for the last 8 years. Unfortunately, the last couple of years I haven't been consistent, but I do know they work. I started with the Transfirmer, but I have almost all of the programs (except for the Wave). I just got the Firm Express and I love it!!! I held off for so long because I thought there is no way they could be as effective as the older firms with the box, but I was so wrong.

I am following a bikini bootcamp rotation that Tonda from the Firm website put together. The rotation I'm following uses 2 - 20 minute workouts each day, with 2 rest days a week. I am only on day 6 and I am really happy with the burn. I use my polar hrm to track my calories and heart rate. These workouts give me a higher calorie burn in 20 minutes than a high intensity interval training on the elliptical or other exercises. I know, I've been tracking it with my hrm.

My goal is to finish this 2 month rotation and be in shape for my vacation at the end of Aprl. I have been recording my eating here at myfitnesspal to keep me accountable.

You really can't go wrong with any of the Firm workouts. They are always my old faithfuls when all else fails!!
  • mahojerl
    mahojerl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for taking the time to post. I have started using the first Firm tape with Susan Harris once again. I know from past experience that I need to start out slowly because I have nearly crippled myself in the past by trying to do too much too fast. I have only used it three times so far, but I already feel myself getting stronger. Now if I can just get my eating under control, so that the muscles I am building can be seen! Again, thanks to all of you for your responses, they were all very helpful!