Hello

Options
Introduce myself, well lets see. Where would I start, how about when I noticed I needed to lose weight. It was a weird feeling when you finally accept that you have put on so much weight. You also begin to see how you are hiding out so you aren't noticed so much. I struggled with what I needed to do. I had to quit smoking and start eating right. I knew those where choices I would have to make to make any journey worth wild. Plus I didn't just have myself or my wife for a reason for doing it. I also had my kids that I wanted to be able to keep up with and not sit around anymore. I was a avid gamer playing many types of games, they where fun but not what I should have been doing.

I spent some time talking with my wife about how we needed to start changing how we eat and had to stop buying the crap foods. She agree'd and from there March 2012 to June I had lost 20 pounds. I wanted more though, I knew you could lose weight just by eating the right foods but the weight would only come off so fast at that rate. I needed to change, I needed to find something that could help me in this weight lose journey and give me results that would compel me to push even further.

At this time I looked at 3 programs. P90x, Instanity, and Jillen Micheals body revolution. I had to look at the amount of time they had you working out since I have so little of it or at least thought I did. So in the end I picked JMBR, it wasn't easy at first. I got to see just how out of shape I really was! I couldn't believe I was dieing in the first week. I knew I was out of shape but WOW I was really out of shape. I struggled my entire time through the first round of JMBR. Even though I struggled I had gone from 264 pounds to 215. I went right back into the program a second time. At this point I wasn't losing anything and I couldn't figure out why. I has about half way through the second round when I talked to another person and we chatted about a few things. He made me look at my water intake. I had to change that and once I did I started to lose again. Even today I still Thank Curtis Corey for his help on that insight.

By the time I finished the second round I was at 191 pounds. I wanted more weight to come off but I knew once I hit a certain range I wanted to change things further. I continued to lose weight all the way down to 174 today. I have changed my eating further to try and bulk while taking off fat. I clearly still have a good amount of fat but I'm not to worried about it because I am in a good range now.

So to recap I went from 284 pounds in March to 174 pounds today. 110 pounds lost overall I think I've done very good. Anyways I'm looking to step my game up further and move onto newer heights. Soon I will be training for marathons with my daughter because that is what she loves to do and I may even start doing a few other things to get a little more mass and cut some fat still.

To everyone out there keep your head up high and remember you can do anything you want you just have to put the effort in to make it so! Believe in yourself and push forward and keep moving! Anyone can this this they just have to believe! Anyways thank you for taking the time to read have a great day everyone!

Replies

• rjnandjosh
    Options
    you are an inspiration and I would be honored to be your friend
  • akahawk78
    Options
    Thanks, I haven't been using myfitnesspal for long but I have to say I really like it! This is pretty neat way to keep track of things and another nice way to meet new people taking starting or finishing journey's as well!