Whatcha Gonna Do?

Options
.......For breakfast tomorrow? I want to wake up and have a bajillion awesome ideas and be super flipping excited to cook me some brefkast (which is how my three year old calls it). Don't let me down, mfp. If I don't have some freaking brilliant ideas tomorrow morning there is no telling what will happen.... I don't even have any good ideas for threats. Hell, if you have some good threat ideas, throw those in there, too, with your breakfast inspirations, obviously.

Ready.

Set.

Go.

Now, I'm going to bed, while you guys get to work. :D

Replies

• psychedmom
    psychedmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I made mini frittata muffins today and have leftovers. Basically you sautee whatever you like in an omelet, put it in little muffin tins than pour uncooked egg in it. Put them in the oven at 400 until they are puffed and dig in. Great for kids.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Ok....Your boy will LOVE these cause my gals do! Mini quiches in a muffin tin! Spray tins of course, mix up your scrambled eggs, milk, cheese, meat if ya have any, veggies if ya got that too....in bottom of muffin tin put either crouton or bits of cut up bread then pour over egg mix into each cup....bake until you can stick a fork in it....yummers! And you can make a few batches and freeze them!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Well...I guess I didnt get my idea on here fast enuf, huh?
  • haley255
    haley255 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited to make some green smoothies tomorrow! Going to throw a ton of stuff in the blender basically... frozen kale, frozen mango, strawberries, blueberries... yum!
  • caprica_006
    Options
    Pancakes! I'm obsessed with creating different pancakes that have low/no sugar and tons of protein. They're super easy to make and if you use ingredients like egg whites, pumpkin, protein powder, etc. they're super filling and low calorie!

A couple of example recipes:

http://rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com/protein-pancakes/

or

http://www.biggest-loser-recipes.com/oatmeal-pancakes.html
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Something quick 'n easy. Take a sliced apple and dip it in vanilla yogurt. Yum!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    2 warm hardboiled eggs smashed up with a lil mayo and hot sauce on delicious toast with a massive cup of coffee. :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    emilybites.com has some terrific ideas .......she does a lot of cupcakes ...example breakfast egg sausage and cheese cupcakes .... sausage egg hashbrown cupcakes .....I absolutely love her site and use it often
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm super excited to make some green smoothies tomorrow! Going to throw a ton of stuff in the blender basically... frozen kale, frozen mango, strawberries, blueberries... yum!

Have you ever added ginger to your smoothies? I recently was made aware of this and not only does it give things a delicious little kick, but there are some amazing health benefits, too!
  • tobejune
    Options
    Pancakes! I'm obsessed with creating different pancakes that have low/no sugar and tons of protein. They're super easy to make and if you use ingredients like egg whites, pumpkin, protein powder, etc. they're super filling and low calorie!

A couple of example recipes:

http://rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com/protein-pancakes/

or

http://www.biggest-loser-recipes.com/oatmeal-pancakes.html

oooh those oatmeal ones look yummmyyy. Do you ever sub honey, maple syrup, agave, mashed bananas or apple sauce for the sugar? That's what we tend to do around here :)
  • tobejune
    Options
    Ok....Your boy will LOVE these cause my gals do! Mini quiches in a muffin tin! Spray tins of course, mix up your scrambled eggs, milk, cheese, meat if ya have any, veggies if ya got that too....in bottom of muffin tin put either crouton or bits of cut up bread then pour over egg mix into each cup....bake until you can stick a fork in it....yummers! And you can make a few batches and freeze them!

I keep hearing about these and I have these awesome little silicone re-usable non-stickableish muffin cups that would be perfect. I think this is the winner!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    my usual work day breakfast is porridge with chopped nuts and chocolate drops!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    burton-crane-watcha-gonna-do.jpg

Eat!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/422717-apple-pie-breakfast-in-the-slow-cooker-w-pics-nutrition?hl=apple+pie

Sat 12/17/11 11:21 AM

break.jpg

Simply throw all of the ingredients (sans toppings) into your slow cooker the night before, and wake up the next morning to a delicious, healthy, nutritional breakfast. Perfect for Christmas morning!

Nutritional Info per serving (1 cup) (before additional toppings):
    115 Calories 1 Fat 26 Carbs 2 Fibre