What to do with stretch marks?

Options
Pretend you're a tiger of course!! :D

Replies

• candirose69
    Options
    embrace your new womanly body..proof that you made a person!!!!
    (easy for the childless woman to say i suppose :P)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    they "battle scars"
  • paisleytevir
    paisleytevir Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pretend you're a tiger of course!! :D

RAWR, I'm a tiger!! *lol*
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    they "battle scars"

This! I often find myself annoyed with mine (pretty bad on my sides) but then I realize "Hey, these are signs that you went to a bad place and were strong enough to dig yourself out" sometimes I look at them as motivation and think "You let yourself do this. These are the marks that will make sure you NEVER do it again."

Sometimes it is a downer though.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    they "battle scars"

^^^ Certainly! I am proud of my deflated, groovy (see what I did there!) road map. HEHE.
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The ones on my arms and thighs never really bothered me coz you couldn't really see them but a few months ago they appeared on my tummy!! :cry: but these ones are a reddish/purple colour. All I am hoping is that when I lose the weight off my tummy they won't be as visible!!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Haha, apparently a tiger used to live in my belly then :P but mine have faded drastically in the past four years, since I stopped putting on weight (finally) and started slowly losing it. They're still there, but very faint. I'm doubtful that any of the so-called remedies for them actually work better than time itself-- your skin regrows itself every 30 days, so it'll heal eventually on its own.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks since I went through puberty at a healthy weight - boobs, hips, belly, back of upper arms etc). Can't remember what it was like not to have them. They fade from the purple but will never go away.
  • nookeetoone
    Options
    I had stretch marks even when i was lean.. which is weird i suppose.

As for remedies i recommend coconut, cocoa or shea butter... i use it many places on my skin... smells nice and it leaves it soft. Maybe Aloe Vera would work too.

Rawr~