How do YOU make exercise fun?

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
Good morning MFP family! Hope you are making great choices this Memorial Day Weekend.

Did you know you can burn 54 calories dancing to "Whoomp" there it is........if you jump trying to reach the ceiling each time they say WHOOMP???

Or that when cleaning the tub, you put a rag on each foot and put the comet in the bottom of the tub and scrub back and forth? I burned 38 calories doing this........and another 100 cleaning the rest of the bathroom ( :sick: OK, it was really dirty):laugh:

Also, while cleaning the kitchen, I listened to music. When I song came on that moved me, well I moved!!:wink: Burned another 50 calories.

What do you all do to burn extra calories during the day. Fun things that don't feel so much like exercise as they do a good time??

:heart: Jeannie

Replies

• SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Yep I was going to say the same thing .. MUSIC!! Nothing better ..
  • JimandCindy
    Options
    I take the long way around...add a few steps and stairs if I can. I park as far away as I can from my destination and walk my dog twice a day rather than just once. He and I both love it.
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    hmmm, I dont log my cleaning calories but I love to turn the music up and dance with my daughter, which burns great calories :P
    The best thing I have found so far are the water fitness classes at the gym, I LOVE them and try to do 3+ classes a week.
    oooh, playing Wii tennis is fun too LOL
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    When I hear music, this 57-year-old body is moving (the Pony, belly dancing, Tango, Waltz, Cake Walk, the Flapper dance--what is that called?, Electric Slide), and my grandson is twirling and whirling to the music with me! So much fun.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    *looks at you like you're crazy* Sorry, I don't see the word FUN in the word WORKOUT. I do, however, see the word WORK. I don't have fun doing this. I didn't think it was supposed to be fun. I feel good afterwards, and I like that.

I guess I have fun when I do Zumba, but running & weight training... not so much.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    It just is! (Unless I don't want to do it ... but I'm usually smiling by the end). I say if you don't enjoy it, you're doing the wrong workout. I mean, how can you NOT laugh at Gilad the whole time you're working out??
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Yep I was going to say the same thing .. MUSIC!! Nothing better ..

Right? At this moment I am listening and using my arms to 'dance' while reading!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    When I hear music, this 57-year-old body is moving (the Pony, belly dancing, Tango, Waltz, Cake Walk, the Flapper dance--what is that called?, Electric Slide), and my grandson is twirling and whirling to the music with me! So much fun.

BJB we could SO hang out together!!

I was in the grocery store with my 20 yr old daughter when a song came on and I started doing the mashed potato down the isle........then realized she was with me:blushing:

I said " Sorry honey, didn't mean to embarrass you!"
    She looked at me and :laugh: "Mom", she said "I got over that YEARS ago!!":laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I take the long way around...add a few steps and stairs if I can. I park as far away as I can from my destination and walk my dog twice a day rather than just once. He and I both love it.

that is a great idea! I usually let the dogs in the back yard because it is fenced. Think I will take them for a walk each day. THANKS!!:heart:
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love to ride my bicycle!:heart: I ride it to do errands around town, I ride it to the gym and I usually rent a bike when I vacation. So much fun and a great way to see sights you miss from a car.:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    *looks at you like you're crazy* Sorry, I don't see the word FUN in the word WORKOUT. I do, however, see the word WORK. I don't have fun doing this. I didn't think it was supposed to be fun. I feel good afterwards, and I like that.

I guess I have fun when I do Zumba, but running & weight training... not so much.

HATE running.......don't like the treadmill.........or the ellip...........boring. Where am I going anyway???
    Walk on the beach? Oh hell yeah! then it is fun not work.

Now zumba has got to be fun. Music, dancing and crazy moves.............gotta be a hoot!:smokin:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    hmmm, I dont log my cleaning calories but I love to turn the music up and dance with my daughter, which burns great calories :P
    The best thing I have found so far are the water fitness classes at the gym, I LOVE them and try to do 3+ classes a week.
    oooh, playing Wii tennis is fun too LOL

Thanks for reminding me I have a WII I paid big bux for and do not use!!:love::love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    It just is! (Unless I don't want to do it ... but I'm usually smiling by the end). I say if you don't enjoy it, you're doing the wrong workout. I mean, how can you NOT laugh at Gilad the whole time you're working out??

When I was in my 20s I lost 20 pounds with Gilad.............he YELLED at me for not keeping up for crying out loud! His workouts are hard............cudos to you for keeping up with him. I thought maybe he slowed down being his is older than me.............but heck no he is still going at 100%:grumble:

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I love to ride my bicycle!:heart: I ride it to do errands around town, I ride it to the gym and I usually rent a bike when I vacation. So much fun and a great way to see sights you miss from a car.:smile:

I did that when we went to Daytona and when my friend came here for vacation and we rented a room on the beach. One of the ameneties was borrowing a bike and we rode around my hometown.......saw things I didnt know were there:glasses:
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    The Wii is hilarious. I killed my arm playing Wiii resort fencing. Tons and fun and I was SO stinking tired when we were all finally done.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    yep taking the dog for a walk 2x's daily. He loves it and I get to say hello to the neighbors.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Definitely music! I'm a dancer (not professionally of course :laugh: ) but I'm one of those people that cannot sit still when a song is on.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Definitely music! I'm a dancer (not professionally of course :laugh: ) but I'm one of those people that cannot sit still when a song is on.

so do you get 'the look' at red lights?? Once I was listening to a new song (shorty got low...:laugh:) forgot the sun roof was open for all to hear me singing APPLE BOTTOM JEANS......and dancing my fool brains out. The young dude in the car next to me upped his radio and 'danced' with me :laugh:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Very cute. And yes, I get caught all the time dancing & singing.