Blowout day turnaround

Options
Ok so yesterday I had a mcdonalds explosion, having to go pick up the in-laws we left at 6:30am,no coffee for me no breakfast till 8:30, I WAS STARVING! I had my food 3 tiny hotcakes,with syrup, hash brown,bacon and egg with coffee, drove another couple of hours picked them up and had lunch, medium big(they are no longer big thank you)mac meal,with coke. I go home and started to put said items into mfp, and that's when it told me that I had consumed my entire days calories for breakfast FOR BREAKFAST! I finished putting in the days consumption and realised that I had eaten 2 days worth of calories, I felt sick, so I sat day and worked out how much exercise I would need to do based on what I have been doing 120 calorie burn in 30mins on the eliptical trainer means 5.5 HOURS,HOURS! So I set up the tv to catch up on some shows and did 1.5 hours it was hard and I loved every second of it,my weigh day is wednesday so I have 2 days to get rid of it and now I have a much better idea of what the hell i'm doing everytime I see anything to do with takeaway food I will think 5 HOURS NO THANK YOU, best thing I could of done, anyone else ever had moments like that?

Replies

• BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Oh god yes this sounds familiar
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I've learned this the hard way. When you get that hungry it feels like the self control part of your brain turns off.

Great work, and next time have breakfast! :)
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Don't panic. Think of your calories as a budget for the week. You spent a bit too much one day and need to tighten your belt (pun intended) the rest of the week. You can make it up with a combination of exercise and a reduction in calories consumed. And now you've learned how many calories are in fast food you'll do better next time!
    Wishing you success
    X
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I've been there!

When I have a craving for fast food or cake/chocolate etc... I input it into MFP first as that tends to put me off eating it when I can see the calorie damage! It is also worth remember how long it takes to burn those pesky calories.

I'm sure there is no damage done and a lesson well learned. Next time, make time to eat first :)
  • unlikelyathlete
    unlikelyathlete Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @ljmiller, that's a great idea! I'll have to try that the next time I have a craving.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Been there!!! I keep a small bag of almonds in the car just in case things happen and I am in need of good food and not crap. When I binge, I feel like crap for a few days but... get back on exercise and food program immediately. You will be fine. Remember, this is life, not a one week thing.

I saw this comment and it fits:

If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?
  • dietingdanni
    Options
    Sometime you need one of those days to make the few weeks good. At least it keepd your body guessing, and you know what you are actually doing to yourself, so it will help stop you in future!
  • martina2611
    Options
    Been there!!! I keep a small bag of almonds in the car just in case things happen and I am in need of good food and not crap. When I binge, I feel like crap for a few days but... get back on exercise and food program immediately. You will be fine. Remember, this is life, not a one week thing.

I saw this comment and it fits:

If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?

I like it! That's a really good one to remember.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I keep an "emergency" protein bar in the car. Saved me on many occasions! <3

eta: I keep a bag of almonds in there too. :) And I ALWAYS have water with me. That helps :)
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same thing two days ago. Mine was a stress eating BINGE! Leaned from the lesson and have moved on. I still feel like physical crap because the McDonald's is still in my system, but it will get better today and tomorrow...