Polar Heart Rate Monitors - FT4 or FT7??

Options
Hey,

So I'm after buying an HRM but I'm not sure which to go with. I think I've definitely decided on a Polar one but can't choose between an FT4 or an FT7. There's not much difference in price (in the UK, that is) so I was really wondering if anyone knew of any major differences from using one or both? Also, I've noticed that some websites advertise some as being specifically male or female orientated - are there differences between the two or is this just for marketing purposes?

I bought my boyfriend the FT7 for Christmas and he really likes it, but now it's come to buying myself one I'm just not sure!

Any help, as always, is much appreciated!

Thanks x

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hi i have not long(1 month) just got ft4 it does EVERYTHING you should need tbh! and very easy to set up and use(thank god) :drinker:
    not like my old one where you needed a degree and i STILL couldn't change the weight ect on it lol :sad:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The differences between male and female are mainly just colors and size. I have the FT4 and LOVE IT.
  • kg4ulu
    kg4ulu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have the pink FT4. It gives you time, calories burned and your heart rate based all on your stats. Like the other posters said, it's easy to set up. It also tracks your overall workout time and calories plus I think up to 10 sessions.
  • our_ayley
    our_ayley Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great - thanks for your responses!

I'm gonna have another look online today - all I really want it for is an accurate tracker of calories burned since MFP's estimates are grossly optimistic!

There's not a great deal of difference in price but if I can save some money that'd obviously be great and the FT4 is a bit cheaper so sounds like that may be the one for me!

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    On your birthday the FT7 puts up a picture of a birthday cake - that clinched it for me...... :heart:

I really like the FT7 but don't use all the functions, mostly I chose it over the FT4 because I preferred the look of the black and red one as I wear it as an everyday watch. It works well and is very simple to use.
  • archie1964
    archie1964 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    FT4...gotta love it!
  • joyundefined
    Options
    LOVE my FT4! :)
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    I got the FT7 and am VERY happy with it.
    I don't know which functions it has that the FT4 doesn't, but I know that there's differences in the belts in between the models.
  • our_ayley
    our_ayley Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    On your birthday the FT7 puts up a picture of a birthday cake - that clinched it for me...... :heart:

Now you see, that is awesome haha! It's a tough decision! Eeek!
  • BlackJack96
    BlackJack96 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have an FT7. One think I really like is the link to the polar website. You need a 50 dollar attachment to do this but it's nice to see your progress. Makes me feel like an "athlete". The ft4 does not do this. Also the ft7 has more workouts.