How do you reward yourself?

Options
Do you reward your successes? I bought a pair of earrings as a reward after my first week of being on my current plan because we went away for the weekend and I stayed on my eating plan. I have rewarded my efforts with an at home Espresso machine, a demantoid garnet for 25 pounds lost, and I now have a beautiful garnet and diamond ring ( I chose garnet because it is the birthstone for January the month I started this plan) on lay-a-way that I will receive for my 50 pounds off which I hope to reach by the end of August. I am finding it exciting to reward myself for my weight loss and consistency. It is a great way to learn how to celebrate without using food as a reward.:drinker:

Replies

• baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Reward #1- 50lb Weight Loss (155) - Donate Blood and Platelets
    Reward #2- 60lb Weight Loss (145) - Las Vegas Trip
    Reward #3- 70lb Weight Loss (135) - Tattoo, NEW WARDROBE & Possibly a Piercing
  • Rhyssa6
    Rhyssa6 Posts: 33
    Options
    I rewarded myself with a haircut for getting under 150 pounds, which is about 1/4 of the way to my goal weight.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I love to read, so every 10 pounds I reward myself with a book.
  • DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I guess those are better ideas than the hot fudge sundae I was planning.. :)

Seriously, I'm looking forward to getting a new pair of Levi 501's, but I won't until I'm done shrinking. I figure the 501's will be my last pair so I want them to fit the rest of my life. But until then, I'm buying 'transitional' clothes that fit or maybe just a little snug, knowing I'll 'shrink' into them. That's a good feeling and a reward for me.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Hubby & I went to dinner & a movie for my 50 lb loss reward :)
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am a big shopper so I haven't really been rewarding myself at all of the milestones...I just get what I want anyway haha!

But a few things I have purchased as rewards/efforts toward my weight loss journey? New running shoes, new exercise clothes, a pair of jeans and a few shirts that actually FIT me, a HRM, some weights, workout DVDs, a few new haircuts, a pedicure...should I go on? LOL

My next reward? An elliptical!

My MAJOR reward for losing all the weight and fitting into a size 4 jean (my ultimate goal)? A shopping spree! I need some staples in my wardrobe - more jeans, dress pants, dressy skirt, nice shirts, etc - so I will be buying nice things that FIT me! Yay!
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If I reach my goal of 30 lbs by the wedding Aug. 14 I will get nail tips and pedicure. I have lost 10 so far, so am thinking it will be a miracle if I lose 20 more with as slow as I go.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've been rewarding myself with new clothes, dvds, pedi/manicures, etc for about every 5-10 pounds lost. But I also reward myself for sticking to exercising consistantly.
  • MinnieVan
    MinnieVan Posts: 2
    Options
    I know it sounds a little silly, but I reward myself with workout clothes and shoes. I figure that I'm more willing to exercise when the clothes I exercise in are not only cute but comfortable. It's great motivation.

My most recent reward to myself was a pair of Vibrim FiveFinger shoes (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/indexNA.cfm) which I totally love. I can't wait to do more hiking with these on :).
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    After 20lbs lost I rewarded myself with a new outfit. I planned a one week holiday for the week after running my first 10k. I'm halfway to my 'goal' weight and my reward is a trip to Hawaii! So that's a huge motivation, although, I am taking my time as I'm more focused on being strong and healthy.
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I know it sounds a little silly, but I reward myself with workout clothes and shoes. I figure that I'm more willing to exercise when the clothes I exercise in are not only cute but comfortable. It's great motivation.

My most recent reward to myself was a pair of Vibrim FiveFinger shoes (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/indexNA.cfm) which I totally love. I can't wait to do more hiking with these on :).

I totally agree with you! I haven't bought any new workout clothes yet. I sorta like wearing my sweatpants and seeing how big they are now.
  • MusicalMe
    MusicalMe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For me, I'm sort of following an "every 10 pounds" rewards system...I say sort of because I've rewarded myself a few times in between there.

10 pounds-New jeans (smaller jeans that fit!)
    15 pounds-New wedding rings!!!
    20 pounds-New jeans and a few new shirts
    30 pounds-New jeans, WII and WII fit
    35 pounds-Manicure and hair color
    40 pounds-Haircut

When I reach my goal of 115 pounds, hubby and I already decided that I'm getting rewarded with a HUGE shopping spree! Can't wait for that!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Wow...ditto that MinnieVan
    They really make me want to dress up to workout!!

My lastest was a pair of Zumba dance shoes!
  • arcomeau
    arcomeau Posts: 5
    Options
    I love the sundae idea, Dwight! I can see why I need this accountability!
  • summersmi
    summersmi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Two words ICE CREAM. Just kidding I haven't really rewarded myself. The best rewards I have gotten were when my daughter said Daddy you look different and my son said Daddy you need a belt because your pants don't fit.
    New healthy lifestyle-hours of intensity
    workout cloths-$5.00
    New diet- lower calorie intake

People and family noticing- Priceless