Just bought a Polar F6 HRM?

Options
So, just a few questions. How much water do I put on the back of the chest strap's grooved areas? Do I remoisten it throughout the exercise? And does it turn off? Because I can't find anything in the manual about turning it off. There's no on and off button. :\ So confusing.

Replies

• Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    LOL I lick the back of mine and dont have to do anything else but that because when you get sweating it gets wet that way as well, It doesnt turn off you just turn it out of exersize mode and it will go back to the watch mode. I LOVE mine!!!!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I used mine for the first time yesterday... love it! i forgot to wet the back of it at first, but once I figured out all the details, it worked great.
  • WaterGal_24
    Options
    I have a Polar and I just run my chest strap under the faucet once. Just the part with the sensors. And it does not turn off you just turn off the watch. Good luck, I wouldn't trade mine for anything.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    I have a F6. Just wet with a little water and it is 30 minutes before I start exercising. Sweat keeps it wet. I went on line and printed a "real" manual when I was haveing other problems. Go to polar web site and they have a more comprehensive manual.

Love mine and can't do without it. Good luck
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I'm a "licker" as well. But I also sweat a lot, so my would work almost instantly if put it on dry.

As far as the "off" part goes, just dry it off when you are finished exercising and take it off. Leaving it wet will keep it "on" and might shorten the life of the battery.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    :laugh: LOL... yuck... you guys lick it!! Isn't it salty? :sick:

I wet mine lightly under the faucet. Does everyone rinse theirs when done with your workout?
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm a licker too.. but I lick one finger and moisten one side, then lick a different finger to moisten the other side... :blushing:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I put my hand in the faucet, then rub it under the strap once it's on. It usually works fine after that, although recently it's "lost" my heartbeat. I've a feeling the battery may finally be running down.

As for on and off, there is no off button. I use my F6 wrist portion as a regular watch, if I'm not using the strap. Since it works like one if you want it to, and you can't turn it off, it's worth it to me to use as a wristwatch when I'm not exercising.