Sweet potato and Cauliflower soup

Options
Azexas
Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
I was skimming through a couple different websites and came accross a recipe for Sweet potato and Califlower soup. I warped it a tad and I figured I would pass it along.

When I added it to my recipes... it came out to 141 calories a serving. This will make about 7 servings.

What you are going to need:
3 large sweet potatoes
1 sweet onion
1 head of Cauliflower (about 7inches in diameter)
2 cloves of Garlic
8 cups of milk. ( I used soy milk)
Olive oil for drizzling

Preheat oven to 400degrees

Cut the cauliflower into bite size pieces. Place onto a cooking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top. Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes.

Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1inch pieces.

In a stock pot, place the onion, sweet potato and garlic cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender.

Strain out the water. ( i used a pasta strainer and it worked fine)

Place back into pot. Using a mixer, use the medium setting to blend the onion, sweet potatoes and garlic into a mashed potato consistency. add milk and stir until it is more soup like. (I'm not good with technical terms).

Finally add the Cauliflower. Serve Warm and enjoy.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Replies

• tinabuggy
    Options
    Thanks sounds delicious..
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Sounds Yummy!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    SIMPLY DIVINE! YUM! THANKS!
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It never occured to me before to use sweet potatoes in a soup. I will have to try this my next food shopping trip.
  • Nada_2021
    Nada_2021 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! This will be great for dinner or breakfast. I hope I get to make it over the weekend.
    Thanks Troutsy
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious. I would've used either almond or rice milk, in place of cows milk or soy. Soy creates excess estrogen in your body which is linked to belly fat. Other then that minor adjustment it sounds great. I just bought a pressure cooker so Im going to learn to make homemade broths and soups.
  • Azexas
    Options
    Sounds delicious. I would've used either almond or rice milk, in place of cows milk or soy. Soy creates excess estrogen in your body which is linked to belly fat. Other then that minor adjustment it sounds great. I just bought a pressure cooker so Im going to learn to make homemade broths and soups.

I prefer the taste of Soy milk. I usually only drink it once a week, though. According to my MD drinking it once a week will have no extra effect on my estrogen levels.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm an almond girl. But coconut might taste good with this recipe too. Yeah anything in moderation is good. I just didn't know if you were aware of the estrogen link or not.
  • Azexas
    Options
    I do appreciate the heads up. Many people don't know about the link. I work in health care so I had a vague understanding of it and then asked my MD at my physical.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! ;)
  • prwthomas
    prwthomas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This sounds really yummy! Thanks for sharing! :smile: