Too many calories?

Options
aaubrey
aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
Is anyone ever afraid that you ate too much? I followed the advice of all of the people that have had a lot of success and ate all of my calories (with exercise). I feel like I ate WAY too much. I double checked and made sure I added everything I ate. I guess it is better than starving. I think maybe it is just that we are used to trying to starve ourselves and I am working out WAYYYYYY more tahn I had been (they made working out mandatory 3 xs a week at 0630 at my unit that really helped)

69506.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• aaubrey
    Options
    Is anyone ever afraid that you ate too much? I followed the advice of all of the people that have had a lot of success and ate all of my calories (with exercise). I feel like I ate WAY too much. I double checked and made sure I added everything I ate. I guess it is better than starving. I think maybe it is just that we are used to trying to starve ourselves and I am working out WAYYYYYY more tahn I had been (they made working out mandatory 3 xs a week at 0630 at my unit that really helped)

69506.png
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Eating enough is essential to looseing.... I EAT and I loose.. I have had a few off weeks but since i started in april i have lost 17 lbs... I am going with 1 - 2 a week just so i know i will keep it off... You will start to notice it after a while... just make sure you eat healthy... but dont cut out everything you like cuz then you will feel like ur on a diet and not a life change.. FOR example .. I stille at ice cream.. just healthier and i still get my pizza in... but in moderation..... GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME

steph
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I know, It is alot of calories, I run 5 miles everyday and I strength train for an hour so I feel like all that I do is eat.. I struggle everyday to eat all of them, But I am still losing so I guess it really does work.
  • aaubrey
    Options
    I am sure you are all right. It just feels like you are eating too much to be "dieting". I do eat fairly healthy, I had lost about 10 lbs on ediets delivery, but it didnt work for too long because I was starving. I quit smoking at that same time and I put 6 lbs back on. I guess I am starting to think I will never been in that size 8 again. I have been hovering in the mid 170's since Jan losing and gaining the same few lbs....ACK!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    keep going!! You can do it. It's eating enough of the good foods that keeps the body from starving itself. Your feeding your muscles, not the fat cells and who doesn't want better muscles?! :wink:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Trust me--the way MFP figures it works!

I'm proof--35 pounds in not quite 3 months--eat most if not all my exercise calories and am getting healthier every day. My doctor is amazed, I feel great, and I love MFP!
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    Way to go shorerider.... I love reading your posts... :happy:
    I to find that I have way more energy now then I did before when I weighed 242 lbs...
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for asking this question! I am running into the same problem, feeling like I am eating too much to lose weight. I have noticed that with my increase in exercise, I'm not as hungry as I was before. One thing I've been doing without realizing is that I have been "dieting." I seem to starve myself out of habit and then I want to crash at the end of the day.
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    I did that too... It just takes time to figure everything out... It will get easier.
    good luck..
  • atodaro
    atodaro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My ticker only shows the weight I've lost in the few days since joining this website, but I've actually lost about 19 pounds in the last 6 months. I weigh 127 now. I started at 146. I'm 5'1" and over 50 years old. Eating more IS the way to lose weight. When I was only eating 1200 calories a day, my body thought it was starving so my metabolism slowed way down. After reading an ebook called Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto, I learned about why all those other diets I tried failed and why I should eat every 2 1/2 or 3 hours and what I should eat (and drink) and how to calculate the calories I needed. I've been eating clean for about 6 months now, and it is a lifestyle change... not a diet. I now ENJOY exercise... for the first time in my life. (People always used to tell me that you could reach that point, but I was always so tired after three minutes, I did not think it applied to me!)
    I only wish I had found this website in December. If I had been able to track my calories this easily back then, I would have avoid two plateaus. (Course, the iPhone giving me the ability to use the website to enter my calories immediately after a meal helps too. Love my iPhone!)

69115.png
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    Options
    My ticker only shows the weight I've lost in the few days since joining this website, but I've actually lost about 19 pounds in the last 6 months.

Atodaro,

If you go into the screen where you enter your weight and select the edit previous entries button you can enter your initial date and weight. I think you should show all 19 lbs. on your ticker.

Congrats on your success so far.
  • aaubrey
    Options
    the irony is that today I havent worked out ( I have to now) today and I only have 6 calories lef and the worst meal I ate was 400 calories...lol. Damn snacks:laugh:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    My ticker only shows the weight I've lost in the few days since joining this website, but I've actually lost about 19 pounds in the last 6 months. I weigh 127 now. I started at 146. I'm 5'1" and over 50 years old. Eating more IS the way to lose weight. When I was only eating 1200 calories a day, my body thought it was starving so my metabolism slowed way down. After reading an ebook called Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto, I learned about why all those other diets I tried failed and why I should eat every 2 1/2 or 3 hours and what I should eat (and drink) and how to calculate the calories I needed. I've been eating clean for about 6 months now, and it is a lifestyle change... not a diet. I now ENJOY exercise... for the first time in my life. (People always used to tell me that you could reach that point, but I was always so tired after three minutes, I did not think it applied to me!)
    I only wish I had found this website in December. If I had been able to track my calories this easily back then, I would have avoid two plateaus. (Course, the iPhone giving me the ability to use the website to enter my calories immediately after a meal helps too. Love my iPhone!)

69115.png

i agree! let all of us know how far you've already come! 19 pounds is awesome and you should be showin it off girl!
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I completely agree, i'm being a pig tonight and having fries and chicken nuggets (over 650 calories) for supper tonight, i'm staying within my fat and carbohydrates, but even with eating that I will still have over 300 calories left:noway: , when I eat healthy I almost never manage to eat all my calories because I need to eat 1200 a day plus my workout calories (about 400) but just try your hardest, don't force yourself to eat if your not hungry