what protein supplement to use????? uk brands pls

Options
Hi everyone, i cant seem to reach my protein target, any ideas pls, i dont know where to start with the protein powders :smile:
I am on 1700 cals per day, and have carbs at 40%, fat and protein at 30%..

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The protein works, quality products, good prices, great service and awesome flavours!

I'm a massive fan of Cherry bakewell and Butterscotch ripple, but plenty of other choices out there. As a newbie to this stuff, I would just go with the WPC 80.
  • ludoles
    Options
    I always check out this website before buying any protein products - www.pro-proteinshake.com - My personal favourite is the Labrada Lean Body Hi-Protein shake because of the high protein:carb ratio.
  • cbteegardin
    cbteegardin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Aminoblast BCAA Superfuel (get the flavored). This is a pre-workout supplement to provide muscle endurance and recovery, not really a protein supplement. Good for anabolic workouts (strength training/HIIT)

If you cant meet your protein goal, I would suggest a change in your diet (a little more meet, beans, cheese, yogurt, nuts, etc) instead of protein shakes. Not a fan of protein powders - lots of fillers and extra stuff you don't really need. EX: soy protein (a lot used in these mixes) has a lot of estrogen in it.
  • caspad1
    caspad1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband has bought lots of protein powders and I thought all of them tasted musty, chalky and gritty. Even just 1/4 scoop when hidden in a smoothie with yogurt and fruit was so gross tasting to me.

Until he bought the BSN Syntha-6 brand. It's really good. No, really it is. I like it. A lot. My favorite is the mochachino but the vanilla ice cream is really good too. Next I want to try the caramel latte. It's available on Amazon and very highly rated. It's definitely helped me exceed my protein goal daily and I'm not as sore after lifting now.
  • funnymum1995
    funnymum1995 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thankyou to everyone who took the time to reply :flowerforyou: