Looking for constructive criticism

Options
Looking to see if anyone would be willing to provide feedback on my recent eating habits. My diary is open. Saturday - Today would be a good example of days to look at. My biggest concern is my macros. I'm mostly limiting my carb intake.

Replies

• paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Well you're definitely going to get feedback!

I'd like to see you eat at least 1,200 calories a day and get more protein.

Do you workout? If you eat 1,500 calories (with plenty of protein) and then burn 300 calories at the gym and do some lifting to tone up and build muscle, you'll be in great shape!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You absolutely HAVE to get water in your system. I think all 3 days I looked at was 0 water? With you eating a lot of the Atkins pre-packaged foods, your sodium intake is probably pretty high above the daily goal. You need to drink a lot more water to flush that extra salt out of your system. I also agree with the above poster. Eat more towards your goal calories, and if you want to see 11-1200, exercise it off to get that as a net.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat more protein, and eat more in general. your goal is 1400, so you should be aiming for within 50cal each side of 1400.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other poster, hit at least 1200 cals and get more protein.
    I'd also stop with those Atkins bars & meals - make your own food.
    You'll feel a lot better & save a lot of money by prepping your own food.
    Lower sodium, less processing, real & pronounceable ingredients.
  • makieo
    makieo Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree with alot of the other members. Try to not eat premade foods. And whatever amount of calories you decide to eat try to keep a normal 40% carbs 30% Fat 30% protein diet. You really need to rely on those healthy fats to keep you feeling fuller and make you lose fat from your body. Also Try to make a habit of eating Protein in every meal and snack. As a women shoot for 8-15 grams per snack and 15-25 grams per meal.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    -I see days of 5, 8, 11 g fiber. 20 every day is a good minimum goal.
    -LOTS of days of 3000+ sodium. You could lower that. Or make sure what you're logging is accurate.
    -There's no whole grains, it looks like. A serving or more of 100% whole grains/beans (quinoa, lentils, beans, etc.) can make a big difference in some people's moods and colon health. For instance 2 oz of cooked lentils is 64 calories, 0 fat, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber. It has 6 g of carbohydrates.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Well... For someone trying to eat "low carb" (which i personally think is a waste of time unless medical problems exist) you are not consuming a lot of protein.... at all...

You have consistently been under protein by 20-30 grams each day.

It also seems like you are wasting a lot of calories on "Atkins" products when you could be enjoying better-macro, better tasing, and cheaper foods.

Just my two cents! :)

From what i can see there are no real issues other than you not hitting your protein goal. :)

Best of luck!
  • MoparMatt
    MoparMatt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    what do you do for excercise? Even if you don't excercise, you need to eat about 1700 calories a day, based on 5'2" and 150lbs and a goal of 125 lbs. Eat less than that and it is not a long term sustainable loss, you will be losing muscle mass and hurting your metabolism. check out a BMR or TDEE calculator such as this one. http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx
  • MoparMatt
    MoparMatt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    what do you do for excercise? Even if you don't excercise, you need to eat about 1600 calories a day, based on 5'2" and 150lbs and a goal of 125 lbs. If you excersize you will need to add more. Eat less than that and it is not a long term sustainable loss, you will be losing muscle mass and hurting your metabolism. check out a BMR or TDEE calculator such as this one. http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx
    that calculator gives you your TDEE which is what you need to eat to maintain your current weight. So to lose one lb a week you need to subtract 3500 Calories a week or 500 a day.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    You're off to a good start with limiting carbs, but need to eat up to calorie goal more often, and to branch out to cooking more with real whole foods. Eat more salad and/or a variety of fresh salad-type veggies. More healthy fats, like avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, butter. Ditch the Atkins bars and meals, and figure out something other than sandwiches for lunch--save those bread carbs for something tastier and more nutritious. Cook meat-containing dishes at home--you'll save money and eat better, plus if you're feeding a husband, he'll be more likely to eat what you do. Try a crustless quiche for breakfast--any recipe (I use real cream)--make once a week, keeps in the fridge, warm a portion in the microwave 60 seconds for a quick meal.

Your cream cheese-filled celery snacks are right on the money--crunchy, tasty, homemade (inexpensive!), low carb, and good fat calories.
  • FestusB
    Options
    more water!!!!
  • kgoodman0108
    Options
    You absolutely HAVE to get water in your system. I think all 3 days I looked at was 0 water? With you eating a lot of the Atkins pre-packaged foods, your sodium intake is probably pretty high above the daily goal. You need to drink a lot more water to flush that extra salt out of your system. I also agree with the above poster. Eat more towards your goal calories, and if you want to see 11-1200, exercise it off to get that as a net.

Over the weekend I'm bad about not tracking water intake. During the week I log about 12 glasses of water on average. I drink maybe 1 soda a week. You're definitely right about needing water to flush out any extra sodium.

I hate to say that I'm only exercising once or twice a week... a lack of motivation has been keeping me from exercising 4-5 times a week like I know I should be doing. I figured I was eating TOO MUCH protein! I figured me creeping up into the 120's was way too much, especially for someone who isnt very active. More protein for me. :) I've felt really guilty about eating the Atkins bars and meals... I'm actually suspicious that they've stalled my weight loss. I think I'll eat them less often until they are all gone, and be done with them.

Thank you all for the advice! It is all very appreciated. :)