P90X

Options
Thinking of trying P90X. Any comments, thoughts, or suggestions for me? Thanks!

Replies

• Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    It get's monotonous, but it also gets results.

If your diet is spot on perfect, i'd save the cash.

If your tired of the same ol' workout and are just needing a change, then give it a go. They are long workouts though, heads up on that. I found it very hard to follow working 12 hour days. Plus i have to separate gym and home time. My wife won't leave me alone if i'm doing it while she is up.

but for the sake of the program....if your going to do it- commit, because I had great results in 6 weeks. I just couldn't sustain it mentally. It go really monotonous and I love mixing it up often.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I alternate between treadmill and elliptical at home. I live in a small town and a gym is not an option for me. Not really tired of my machines but I want abs=)
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    ab ripper x is still in my workout routine :)

It is the best workout i've ever received for my abs. And its only 15 minutes. SO easy, and productive!!
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    Ya, it can be monotonous but it is by far the best workout DVD ever made! I'm on my 4th round.
    If you have Attention Deficit Disorder you may not like as it can be predictable. I need a regimen.
    Who cannot do 50-60 minutes per day? If you don't know how to lift weights or design your own complete fitness program, P90X is for you! Need a combo of cardio and weights
    Beachbody and P90X is also a huge support network.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Just googled it, so that's part of the P90X program?
  • mmmpink
    mmmpink Posts: 25
    Options
    P90X is a really awesome program. If you have facebook, search for it, and have a look at the before and after pictures people have posted. There are TONS, and they're really motivational and inspiring. There are also really active Discussion boards, so if you have any questions you need answered, that'd be a great place to ask them! :)
    I definitely recommend giving it a try. The workouts are long, but the time passes quickly because Tony Horton is so funny and keeps things pretty light and entertaining.